Interested in the non-profit sector? Passionate about global health? Come join the Orbis Singapore team!
We are an international non-profit working to eliminate avoidable blindness.
We have worked in 92 countries over 35 years and have 14 offices around the world.
You will learn about the operations of an international non-profit and assist in fundraising and/or communications campaigns.
We are looking for people who are independent, resourceful, open-minded and have a can-do attitude.
TITLE: Development Intern DEPARTMENT: Development, Singapore
Reporting to the Director of Development, the intern will be responsible for the implementation of approved corporate campaigns and special events with the goal of expanding Orbis’s supporter and donor bases in Singapore. S/he is also responsible for planning, organizing and implementing sustainable strategies to build awareness and generate funds in Singapore.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
SUPERVISES: External vendors and volunteers
- Assist in managing and implementing approved corporate campaigns and other fundraising activities to expand Orbis corporate partnerships in Singapore.
- Assist in managing and implementing approved events, including but not limited to: volunteer recruitment and monitoring, logistics arrangement and liaison with vendors, sponsors and internal teams.
- Research and update market intelligence on potential corporate partners.
- Research and update market intelligence about corporate and special events fundraising in Singapore.
- Assist with the Orbis Singapore website, social media, and eDM campaigns.
- Provide general administrative support to the office.
- Assist in other fundraising events with the team and participate in other Orbis activities as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate in their second or third year from FASS, preferably majoring in Asian Studies, Communications & New Media or Global Studies. Students from other majors are welcome to apply.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Experience in organizing events and campaigns is an advantage.
- Graphic design skills are an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit.
- Open-mindedness and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Interest in developing a career with an international non-profit organization.
Number of positions: 2
Internship Period: 15 May 2017 – 28 July 2017 (11 weeks); negotiable
Working Hours: 9:30am – 6:30pm
Allowance: $100 per week
Please email CV, one writing sample (optional) and one design sample (optional) to: Jasmine at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject:
Development Intern – NUS FASS – (name)
Deadline for submission is 28 February 2017. Review of candidates is on a rolling basis.