Call for Abstracts (DEADLINE: 07 October 2013)
14TH MALAYSIA-SINGAPORE FORUM
Jointly organized by the University of Malaya and National University of Singapore
|Date||: 9-10 Dec 2013|
|Venue||: Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Theme||: Globalization and its Effects on Society|
The organizing committee is pleased to invite abstract submissions for presentations at the 14th Malaysia-Singapore Forum. Topics of interest related to the theme include but are not limited to:
- Globalization and Migration – examining ways of integration and adjustment vis-à-vis increased human mobility as people seek employment, education, family formation outside their home country.
- Globalization and Lifestyle – (new) consumption possibilities; hybridity; youth culture and aspirations.
- Globalization and Participation – environment/health crises, governance and international policies.
- Globalization and Economic Resilience – protection of economy against unemployment, hazards etc.
Abstracts must be written in English in no more than 300 words. If abstract is accepted, full paper of about 3,000–3,500 words (no more than 12 pages excluding references, tables and appendices) will be needed for inclusion in the Forum Proceedings. Full paper must follow APA style. Kindly submit your abstract with title and your brief profile all in word document file to Ms Amy Tan Xiang Ru at firstname.lastname@example.org
The organizers are pleased to cover the airfare and accommodation expenses for presenters at this forum. Priority will be given to FASS faculty and graduate students.
- Abstracts Deadline: 07 October 2013
- Notification to Authors: 10 October 2013
- Final paper due: 10 November 2013
On behalf of Forum Conveners:
Prof Dr. Md Sidin Ahmad Ishak, Deputy Dean (Postgraduate), FASS, UM
A/P Ho Kong Chong, Vice-Dean (Research), FASS, NUS