(Senior) Research Manager – business development focus (4-7 years’ experience)
Application Deadline: 30 Nov 2014
Are you looking for an international, intellectually challenging and diverse market research position? Do you have a talent for business development and do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading multinational companies?
For our newly established office in Singapore, we are looking for a proactive and analytical team-player who can provide clients with strategic market research solutions in the area of pricing and portfolio optimization, communication and new product development.
You will manage strategic large-scale market research projects, strengthen existing client relationships and expand our client base, to help drive the growth of our company, by:
- Discussing strategic business problems with the client and preparing proposals;
- Manage all phases of the market research process, with a focus on client management and delivering actionable recommendations on strategic business issues;
- Overseeing the day-to-day process of projects, from study commissioning to end presentation to the client;
- Contributing to the improvement of our products and services, and leading business development initiatives;
- Generating, developing and maintaining both national and international clients and accounts.
We are looking for a dedicated, organized, enthusiastic team-player who has:
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience in either market research, management consulting or marketing, either on the client side or on the agency side;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent English communication skills, both in speech and in writing;
- Customer orientated;
- Experience in account management and business development is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to establish local client network and/or source new accounts;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree;
- Authorization to work in Singapore.
The anticipated start date for this position is January 2015.
To apply, please visit http://skimgroup.com/vacancy/senior-research-manager-business-development-focus-4-7-years-experience/
If you are keen to be a PE Teacher, join MOE at a talk to find out your prospects with them and speak to one of their PE teachers to learn more about his experiences in the service.
MOE PE Career Talk
Date: 8 Oct, Wednesday
Time: 12.30pm – 1.30pm
Venue: Yusof Ishak House, Lv 1 Training Room 1 and 2
RSVP at www.moe.gov.sg/universitytalk
Thursday, 25 September 2014
This was a commentary by Mr Li Cho Kiu, a PhD candidate from the Cultural Studies in Asia PhD programme at the NUS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, on the global rise of localism, such as the recent Scottish independence referendum. Mr Li noted that social media has facilitated the rise of such sentiments as information on separatism is readily available online and it provides a platform for sharing views on localism that were previously suppressed in the mainstream media.
Sunday, 21 September 2014
This was a report on the 100th anniversary celebration of the Nanyang Confucian Association. It was reported that the Nanyang Confucian Association has signed a new agreement with NUS and NTU, to provide scholarships in the next four years to outstanding students from the Department of Chinese Studies and Department of Philosophy at NUS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, and NTU Division of Chinese.
The video recording for FASS Forward: Reading Articles & Writing Essays has been uploaded on NUS Mediaspace.
Please click HERE to view – restricted to viewing by NUS students and staff only (log-in required).
NUS Press is looking for ONE graduate student research intern for AY 2014/2015. As a publisher of academic books, NUS Press recognizes the importance of their authors receiving timely, useful, and critical feedback in important, quality journals in the respective fields. The intern will work with the editors and marketing manager of NUS Press to ensure that their publications reach the editors of academic journals for review.
Job responsibilities include gaining familiarity with their publications, researching and adding to their database of academic journals, working with editors and authors to identify the appropriate journals to review their books, then pitching the publications as discussed. The research intern will also track and archive published reviews.
The intern will be supervised by the Marketing Manager of NUS Press, and supported by the Director.
- Graduate Student at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Resourceful and meticulous, able to work independently, willing to work systematically to help them grow their database and track progress.
- Interest in and familiar with academic journals, conferences and administration
The part-time internship is flexible but an academic-year-long commitment is preferred. He or she is expected to work between 12–20 hours a week, with a remuneration of $8.50/hour. The intern will have to bring his or her own laptop.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you.
One Heart Source is currently accepting applications for our 2015 Volunteer Programs in South Africa. We are offering a variety of 2 and 4-week programs in Cape Town, South Africa – April 20 – November 6, 2015.
As an OHS Volunteer, you will:
* Integrate yourself into and work closely with members of the local community to create positive social uplift
* Teach primary school students through a mentorship program focused on building strong Math and English foundations, while empowering students
* Exchange ideas and culture with people from around the world
* Lead after-school programs in non-traditional subjects like dance, debate, art, and sports
* Work with a small, dynamic team of international university and graduate students
* Develop empathy, confidence, and leadership skills while pursuing social justice
We at One Heart Source believe in creating lasting social change through education and human connection. We encourage you to take a step towards providing a more socially just future for some of the most marginalized communities in the world.
Both Graduate and Undergraduate students are encouraged to
APPLY NOW FOR OUR 2015 PROGRAMS!
Next Application Deadline: Sept 26
For more information and to apply visit: www.oneheartsource.org/volunteer/apply/
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
ONEHEARTSOURCE is a non-profit organization designed to empower young people through education and to provide high quality education and care for vulnerable children in Tanzania and South Africa.
Calling all NUS alumni & students!
Join us for breakfast and an interactive dialogue session with
Deputy Chairman of City Developments Limited, Mr Kwek Leng Joo.
Click here to register!
NUS Office of Alumni Relations
In this age where leadership gurus are sprouting everywhere spewing mantras and theories on leadership and corporate transformation, we are in dire need for help in telling the wood for the trees; truth from the spin.
Its back to basics for Professor Hsieh Tsun-Yan who asks: Do we know who we are and what we stand for? If we don’t, how can we expect real breakthroughs?
Join the former leader of consulting giant McKinsey & Company’s Canadian and Southeast Asian offices, as he explores the challenges of cultivating strong leadership in Singapore.
Details of the event are as follows:
Date: 29 September 2014 (Monday)
Time: 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Registration at 6:45pm, Seated at 7:15pm, Cocktail reception after event)
Location: Auditorium (2nd Storey), Shaw Foundation Alumni House, National University of Singapore, 11 Kent Ridge Drive, Singapore 119244
A unique feature of U@live is that not only will it be viewed by a live audience, it will be streamed live through a dedicated website (www.nus.edu.sg/ualive). The event will also incorporate a new interactive application that allows users to post questions and vote for their favourite questions in real time. The event will consist of a 10-minute talk by the speaker followed by a 20-minute interview conducted by Mr Viswa Sadasivan and a 30-minute Q&A session open to the live and online audience.
Keen to join us? Register HERE !
Friday, 19 September 2014
This was a report on the International Symposium organised by the Chinese departments of NUS and NTU, as well as the Nanyang Confucian Association. Speaking at the event, Minister of Social and Family Development and Second Minister for Defence Mr Chan Chun Sing highlighted that filial piety is the virtue that is underlying the Pioneer Generation Package. He elaborated that the government hopes that the younger generation will remember the contributions and sacrifices of our pioneers.