To facilitate recording of video lectures for flipped classrooms and internal blended learning online courses (iBLOCs), CIT will be creating several satellite self-service recording rooms in selected schools and faculties.
The self-service recording rooms will have hardware and software to allow NUS staff to create high-quality screen recordings in support of teaching modules
This project is expected to be completed by end-March 2015.
The Centre for Instructional Technology (CIT) the Centre for Development of Teaching and Learning (CDTL) are co-organising the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU) EdTech Horizons Workshop. The workshop will be held in NUS on 13 & 14 November 2014. Visit the IARU EdTech Horizons Workshop website for more information.
The NUS IVLE Android app has been updated to version 4.3. This includes:
- Navigate from one module to another quickly using the ActionBar Dropdown.
- Pull To Refresh the list in module tools.
- Fixed the bug: Cannot play multimedia videos.
- 3-line slide out menu used instead of the arrow on the top left.
- Access Lesson Plan for each module.
- FeedBack Forum tool added in the Sliding Menubar.
- View and Download Multimedia Files.
- Other minor bug fixes and performance enhancements.
What’s New in iOS iPhone/iPad Version 4.1 and Android 4.2
- Lesson Plan – View your weekly/topics summary resources and events
- Multimedia – View streaming videos, images and audio.
- Support for iOS7
- Feedback Forum in Android
- Bug fixes and stability
Date: 25th Feb 2014
Venue: CIT Global Classroom, Level 3, Computer Centre building, Kent Ridge Campus
Time: 10 am to 12 pm
The purpose of the session is to provide iBLOC instructors with an introduction to key principles of blended learning, as well as an orientation to the Coursera platform user interface. There will be time for hands-on experience to create mock-up module, with emphasis on some key features that iBLOC instructors need to know.