I am currently with the Department of Mechanical Engineering and the NUS Graduate School. I currently serve as a member of the Nanyang Polytechnic Engineering Advisory Board. I am a Fellow of CIRP, The International Academy for Production Engineering, where I was the first from the Asia region and the 4th female fellow in the world to be elected in 2012.
I am a pioneer in the research and development of augmented reality technologies application in product design and manufacturing. As a firm believer that research outcomes should benefit the general population, I lead the Augmented Reality+Digital Twins in Advanced Manufacturing laboratory to apply digital twins and augmented reality technologies that have been developed for advanced manufacturing in the assistive technology area. I have published 6 books and over 300 international refereed journal and conference papers, with a google citation of more than 11,230, and a H-index of 57.
I have received international and national accolades, notably
- The 2004 M. Eugene Merchant Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, where I was the 1st ASEAN female to have received this award since the award was 1st established;
- The 2004 Singapore Youth Award for the Science & Technology Category;
- The 2006 Outstanding Young Person of Singapore Award for the Science & Technology Category;
- The 2009 Emerging Leaders Award in Academia by the US Society for Women Engineers, where I was the first Singaporean to have received this award since the award was established;
- The 2013 Singapore Youth Award Medal of Commendation for attaining significantly higher levels of achievements and contributions to the society.
I have served as a member of the NUS University Senate Delegacy from April 2005 to June 2006, 1 July to 30 June 2011, 1 July 2011 to 30 Jun 2013, July 2014 to June 2016, and June 2016 to June 2018 . I am currently serving as a member of the NUS Senate Delegacy from June 2019 to June 2021. I have served on the NUS Board of Disciplinary from 1 July 2011 – 30 Jun 2013, July 2015 – 30 June 2017, and June 2016 to June 2018. I have been appointed by NUS President to serve on the NUS Board of Disciplinary from June 2019 to June 2021.
I was appointed by Singapore President SR Nathan to serve as a Nominated Member of the Singapore Parliament for a term of 2 ½ years from 2nd January 2005. I served as NMP from 2nd January 2005 to 19th April 2006. I was the only NMP during my term to have raised an adjournment motion in the Parliament. The topic of my motion was Singapore’s National Research and Development Strategic Thrusts. I was a Resource Panel Member of the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports, Resource Panel for advising Women’s Workgroups on Women and Leadership, Work, Life Skills and Socio-Community Development, and a member of the Assistive Technology Workgroup, Singapore Society for Physically Disabled.
I am an Asia Society Asia 21 Young Leader. In 2006, I was elected to join a new generation of leaders representing a broad range of disciplines and 23 countries from across the Asia-Pacific region and the U.S.
I am passionate about gender diversity and leadership in STEM in particular Women in Engineering. I am currently an ambassador for Girls2Pioneers STEM programme for United Women Singapore. I served as an ambassador for STEM programme for the UN Women Singapore Women Committee, from January 2014 to October 2019.
I am a pioneer Pathfinder for the Singapore Ministry of Education’s Programme on Community of Pathfinders in Action (COMPACT), from September 2015.
Honours and Awards
- National University of Singapore Postgraduate Scholarship, 1992
- Teaching Commendation Award for Excellence in Teaching, NUS, 1999/2000
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship, 2000
- Best Paper Award, September 2002: A Distributed Feature-based Environment for Collaborative Design, W.D. Li, Y.Q. Lu, H. Zhou, S.K. Ong, A.Y.C. Nee, J.Y.H. Fuh and Y.S. Wong, 2002, Proceedings of the 6th World Multiconference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, SCI2002, 14-18 July 2002, Orlando, USA, 69 – 74.
- IJPR Norman Dudley Award, September 2003: Hybrid Genetic Algorithm and Simulated Annealing Approach for the Optimisation of Process Plans for Prismatic Parts, W.D. Li, S.K. Ong, A.Y.C. Nee, 2002, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 40, No. 8, 1899 — 1922. First team recipient in the Asia-Pacific region. (Certificate)
- 2004 M. Eugene Merchant SME Outstanding Young Manufacturing Engineer Award, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, November 2003. First ASEAN female recipient of this award since the award was first established. (more information; a few photographs of the ceremony; citation read by Professor Marvin DeVries; Singapore LianHeZaoBao newsclip on 25th December 2003; newsclip on Global Network for Chinese Professionals, www.networkchinese.com)
- 2004 Singapore Youth Award, Science & Technology Category, Singapore National Youth Council. First female faculty in the Faculty of Engineering at NUS to have received this award. (more information; a few photographs of the ceremony; citation). Only female technology recipient since the award was initiated.
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship, 2004
- IES Publication Awards (Student Category), December 2004, C.C. Ng, S.K. Ong and A.Y.C. Nee, Development and Performance Verification of a Stewart Platform, IES Journal, The Institution of Engineers, Singapore.
- 10th Natural Science Outstanding Paper Award, December 2004, An Internet-Enabled Image- and Model-Based Virtual Machining System, Y.B. Luo, S.K. Ong, D.F. Chen and A.Y.C. Nee, 2002, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 40, No. 10, 2269 — 2288. This paper won the top honour (best 5 out of 7000) after a complex and rigorous process of review and defence in the Hubei Province Excellent Paper Competition. (Certificate)
- Samsung DigitAll HOPE Award, November 2005, A team led by Associate Professor Ong Soh Khim and Professor Andrew Nee has won the Samsung DigitAll Hope 2005 for their project Augmented Reality Assistive Keyboard. They share the prize, a grant of US$500,000 with 11 others from Southeast Asia and Australia. The team has invented a device which marries Assistive and Augmented Realitytechnologies, to help the elderly and disabled use full computer functions in composing and sending emails, control household appliances, such as television sets and lights. (newsclips)
- The Outstanding Young Person of Singapore Award 2006 (Science and Technology Category), Junior Chamber of Commerce, Singapore. The award was presented by MCYS Minister Dr Vivian Balakrishnan on 29th March 2006. (newsclip)
- 2009 Emerging Leaders Award in Academia, Society for Women Engineers, US. The award was presented by SWE President on 16 October 2009, Long Beach CA. First Singaporean recipient of this award since the award was first established. (more information from SWE, citation, official press release, pictures)
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Welfare Foundation (MSIWF) Research Award 2010 Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Welfare Foundation. There are only 4 awards in Singapore in 2010. The team is awarded this award for their research project on an ‘Augmented Reality-Enhanced Navigation Assistance System’.
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Fellowship, 2011.
- Teaching Commendation Award for Excellence in Teaching, NUS, 2000/2011.
- Best Paper Award, June 2012, A Framework for Feature-based Product Modeling in a Collaborative Environment, S.K. Ong, L. Yang and A.Y.C. Nee, June 2012, ICFDM2012 10th International Conference on Frontiers of Design and Manufacturing Sciences (ICFDM), ChongQing, China, June 10-12, 2012 (Certificate).
- 2013 Singapore Youth Award, Medal of Commendation, Singapore National Youth Council. First female faculty in the Faculty of Engineering at NUS to have received this award. Only female MOC recipient since the award was initiated. (citation, NYC Media Release, youtube)
- 2015 Great Women of Our Time Award, Winner of Science & Technology, Singapore Women’s Weekly, SPH (press release, pictures)
- Best Paper Award, March 2016, The 9th International Digital Enterprise Technology Conference, DET2016, 29-31 March 2016, Nanjing, China, for the paper on “Optimal pass planning for robotic welding of large-dimension joints with deep grooves” (Certificate)
- Champion, March 2018, HILTI IT Competition, Theme: Augmented Reality and Internet of Things.
- Second Highest Cited Paper in 2017, among the papers published in Advances in Manufacturing during 2015-2016, paper entitled “A comprehensive survey of augmented reality assembly research” published in Advances in Manufacturing (2016) 4:1-22, based on Web of Science citation count.
- 12th among World Top 15 Augmented Reality Researchers (Link)
- Best Presentation Award, Improving Maintenance Efficiency with an Adaptive AR-assisted Maintenance System, C.Y. Siew, A.Y.C. Nee, and S.K. Ong, ACM–2019 The 4th International Conference on Robotics, Control and Automation (ICRCA 2019), 26th to 28th July 2019, Guangzhou, China.
Publications & Citation Details
- Authors of 2 high-level monographs, co-editor of 4 books and 2 conference proceedings, 174 published/accepted international journal publications, 20 book chapters, 118 international conference publications
- International Journal Papers
- Book Chapters
- International Conference Papers
- Research Monographs & Proceedings
- ORCID 0000-0002-9569-3350
- Scopus Citations > 6,847, H-index: 46 (November 2022)
- Google Scholar Link Citations >11,230, H-index: 57 (November 2022)
- ResearchGate Link Citations > 8,591, H-index: 50 (November 2022)
- Web Of Science Citations > 4,903, H-index: 39 (November 2022)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Applications in Advanced Manufacturing
- Augmented Reality Applications in Assistive Technology and Rehabilitation Engineering
- Sustainable Product Design and Manufacturing, Life Cycle Engineering/Assessment
- Distributed and Collaborative Manufacturing
- Augmented Learning in Industry 4.0 and Development of Computer-Based Teaching Tools
- AR in Manufacturing and Assistive Technology Research, Application of Augmented Reality in Manufacturing and Assistive Technology/Rehabilitation (ARATLab Youtube Channel)
- VMS, Development of a Virtual Manufacturing System
- DCDM, Distributed and Collaborative Design and Manufacturing
- Stewart Platforms Development, Development of a Modular Stewart Platforms
- Senior Editor, Journal of Engineering Design, Taylor & Francis, October 2022 – present.
- International Advisory Board Member, Digital Twin, Taylor & Francis, May 2022 – present.
- Editorial Board Member, Green manufacturing Open, OAE Publishing Inc., January 2022 – present.
- Editor, Lecture Notes in Production Engineering, Springer, July 2021 – present.
- Editor, Springer Handbook of Augmented Reality, Springer, June 2019 – 2022.
- Special Issue Editor, Special Issue “Digital Twins in Industries and Beyond”, MDPI, July 2022 – July 2023.
- Special Issue Editor, Special Issue “Manufacturing Sustainability in a Circular Economy”, MDPI, July 2021 – July 2022.
- Special Issue Editor, Special Issue “Digital Twins in Industry”, MDPI, March 2020 – March 2021.
- Associate Editor, SME Manufacturing Letters, US Society of Manufacturing Engineers, Elsevier, February 2019 – June 2020.
- Associate Editor, Editorial Board of Assembly Automation, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, January 2015 – present.
- Associate Editor, The Journal of Engineering, The Institution of Engineering and Technology, UK, November 2014 – present.
- World Scientific Book Series on “Manufacturing Systems and Technology” – Assistant Editor (more information)
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, International Institute of Informatics and Systemics (more information)
- Honorary Editor, International Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Pentagram Research Publications (more information)
- Member of the Executive Scientific Board of the International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing, Springer (more information), 2006 – 2010.
Member of International Technical Committees of more than 113 Major Conferences (list below gives conferences in last few years)
- Member of International Scientific Committee, 18th Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing, Berlin, Germany, from October 5th to October 7th, 2022.
- Member of the International Advisory Board, International Conference on Advances in Manufacturing & Materials Engineering (ICAMME2022), 9-10 August 2022, International Islamic University Malaysia, Gombak, Selangor, Malaysia, https://conference.iium.edu.my/icamme/international-advisory-board-icamme22/
- Member of the International Advisory Committee, Fourth International Conference on Advances in Manufacturing Technology (ICAMT 2022) on 25-26 March 2022, Chennai, India, http://citappliedresearch.in/icamt2022/
- Member of the International Programme Committee, 2nd International Conference on Industry 4.0 and Advanced Manufacturing, 10 – 11 Jan 2022, Bangalore, India, https://cpdm.iisc.ac.in/i4am22/
- Member of the International Programme Committee 9th International Conference on Sustainable Design and Manufacturing, SDM22, 14-16 September 2022, Split, Croatia, http://sdm-21.kesinternational.org/
- Member of the International Scientific Committee, 32nd CIRP Design Conference, CIRP DESIGN 2022, 28-30 March 2022, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Member of the International Programme Committee, 55th edition of the CIRP International Conference on Manufacturing Systems, CMS2022, 29 June – 1 July, 2022, Lugano, Switzerland
- Member of Technical Programme Committee, The 6th International Conference on Robotics, Control and Automation, ICRCA 2022, 26-29 February 2022, Xiamen, China
- Member of the International Scientific Committee, 9th CIRP CATS Conference on Assembly Technology and Systems, 6-8 April 2022, Leuven, Belgium
- Member of Scientific Advisory Committee, International Scientific Conference “Digital Transformation of Industry: Trends, Management, Strategies” (DTI-2021), 29 October 2021, Ekaterinburg (Russian Federation).
- Member of International Programme Committee, 2nd International Conference on Industry 4.0 and Advanced Manufacturing (I-4AM 2022), 10-11 January 2022, Bangalore, India
- Member of International Programme Committee, 12th International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing (EcoDesign2021), 1-3 December 2021, Nara, Japan
- Member of International Programme Committee, SDM-2021, 8th International Conference on Sustainable Design and Manufacturing, Split, Croatia, 15-17 September 2021
- Member of International Program Committee, 54th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems (CMS 2021), Athens, Greece, 12-14 May 2021
- Member of International Scientific Committee, 31st CIRP Design Conference, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands, May 19-21, 2021.
- Member of Organising Committee, 15th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human Robot Interaction, VAM-HRI 2020 Workshop, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, UK, March 23–26, 2020
- Member of International Scientific Committee, 27th CIRP Life Cycle Engineering, Grenoble, France, May 13-15, 2020.
- Member of International Programme Committee, SDM-2020, 7th International Conference on Sustainable Design and Manufacturing, Split, Croatia, 24-26 June 2020
- Member of International Scientific Committee, 8th CIRP Conference on Assembly Technologies and Systems, Athens, Greece, 18-20 May 2020.
- Member of International Scientific Committee, 30th CIRP Design Conference, 30th CIRP Design Conference 2020, Skukuza Rest Camp, Kruger National Park, South Africa, 6th- 8th May 2020.
- Member of International Scientific Committee, 53th CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, CMS2020, Chicago, IL, U.S., July 1-3, 2020.
- Member of International Programme Committee, 52nd CIRP Conference on Manufacturing Systems, CIRP CMS 2019, ‘Manufacturing Systems for the Future Societies’, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 3-5 June 2019.
- Member of International Executive Committee, 11th International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing (EcoDesign2019), Yokohama, Japan, 25-27 November 2019.
- Member of International Programme Committee,15th China-Europe International Symposium on Software Engineering Education, Lisbon, Portugal on May 30-31, 2019
- Members of the Special Session Organizing Committee, 6th International Scientific-Technical Conference Manufacturing 2019, Special Session on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, , Poznan University of Technology in Lecture and Conference Center, Poznan, Poland, 19-22 May 2019
- ME5606, Intelligent Systems in Manufacturing
- ME5609, Rapid Response Manufacturing
- ME3263, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly
- ME5611, Sustainable Product Design & Manufacturing
- EG2401, Engineering Professionalism (Tutor)
Theses & Projects Supervision
- M.Eng. and MSc. Theses
- Ph.D. Postgraduate Theses
- JTDP (Junior Talent Development Programme) Projects and UROP Projects
During her term as an NMP from 2nd January 2005 to 19th April 2006, she participated actively in the parliament debates on the President’s Address, the Annual Budget Debates in 2005 and 2006, development of the Integrated Resorts, National Kidney Foundation, and the Committees of Supply debates. She raised issues on and spoke on the Education System in Singapore, Singapore’s R&D landscape, assistance schemes to help men in need, as well as the schemes to help the low wage workers. She raised a total of 87 questions and issues, spoken on 6 Bills, and made 19 speeches, of which 6 speeches were made in Mandarin, during her term and had made good contribution to the debate on policy issues at the national level. The 6 Bills that she spoke on were (1) National Research Fund Bill, (2) Casino Control Bill, (3) National University of Singapore (Corporatisation) Bill, (4) Public Transport Council (Amendment) Bill, (5) Professional Engineers (Amendment) Bill, and (6) Town Councils (Amendment) Bill. She was the only NMP in the last batch of 9 NMPs to have raised an adjournment motion in the Parliament. The topic of her motion was Singapore’s National Research and Development Strategic Thrusts.
Media Reports, Interviews & Youtube
- 国大王素琴博士获选全球最优秀工程师之一，联合早报2003 年12 月25日
- Doing ASEAN Women Proud, NUS Knowledge Enterprise, Vol. 3, No. 7, February 2004
- Breaking The Mould, TODAY, 6th January 2005
- Working-class Hero, Asia Inc., September 2005
- Samsung DigitAll HOPE, Business Times, 7th November 2005
- Ivory Tower NMP, She is not there to keep quiet, Straits Times, 17th March 2006
- Dare to be Different, NUS Knowledge Enterprise, July 2006
- She takes a hands-on approach to engineering, Straits Times, 31 July 2010
- Teaching with her heart, NUS Annual Report 2010, page 29
- A Women Engineer’s Take on Engineering, 30 August 2011
- Inspiring Women in Singapore 2012, 9 March 2012
- Ong Soh Khim – First Asian CIRP Fellow, NUS Knowledge Enterprise, September/October 2012
- Elected CIRP Fellow – Rare Honour for Women in Engineering, NUS FoE Annual Report 2012, page 29
- Singapore National Youth Council Youtube Channel, 10 July 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmFKbi6vZI
- 938Live Radio, 12 July 2013, 2-3pm
- Channel 8 Good Morning Singapore! 15 July 2013
- Ong Soh Khim receives another Singapore Youth Award, NUS Knowledge Enterprise, July/August 2013
- NUS Faculty of Engineering Youtube Channel, 26 December 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBijysnyhXg
- She wants to be the source of inspiration to other women, The New Paper, 12 January 2014
- National Youth Council Lightbox Display at Raffles Place MRT Station, 7-29 January 2014
- Dedicated to Teaching, NUS Alumnus Magazine, April 2014
- Science & Technology, Dr Ong Soh Khim, Singapore Women’s Weekly, page 54, June 2014
- Great Women of Our Time Winner, Dr Ong Soh Khim, Singapore Women’s Weekly, page 40, January 2016
- NUS professors are world’s top 15 Augmented Reality researchers, International Business Times, January 3, 2019 (Link)
Invited Talks and Community Involvement
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2020, 15 January 2020, Title of talk: Engineering Career
- People Matters-Aditya Birla Group Study Tour 2019, 10 May 2019, Title of Invited Talk: Augmented Reality in Workplace
- Invited International Judge, Hilti IT Competition 2019 event themed The Future of Construction in a Digital World, KL, Malaysia, 8-10 April 2019.
- Invited Speaker, TechHR Conference 2019, Singapore, Invited Talk, Theme: Augmented Reality in Manufacturing and Engineering, 1 March 2019
- Invited Speaker, Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2019, 9 January 2019, Title of talk: Engineering Career, 9 January 2019
- Keynote Speaker, The 5th International Conference on Innovative Design and Manufacturing, Invited Keynote
Topic: State-of-the-Art of Augmented Reality Ubiquitous Manufacturing Research, 23-25 November 2018, Wuhan, China
- Panel Speaker, 36th Conference of the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisations (CAFEO36) Women Summit, Invited Presentation, Topic: Female in Engineering – Education & Career Developments, 13 November 2018
- Panel Speaker, Singapore International Robo Expo (SIRE) 2018, Symposium 6: Be Extraordinary – The Power of Women in Robotics, Invited Presentation, Theme: Power in numbers – Female in Engineering & STEM, 1-2 November 2018
- Keynote Speaker and International Judge, Grand Challenge Scholar Program, Theme: VR and AR for Healthcare, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 1-3 June 2018 (fully sponsored by UNSW)
- Jury Member, Jury member for 4th Winsemius Awards, Singapore Dutch Chamber of Commerce, 17 May 2018
- Panel Speaker, TechSummit 2018, Theme: Exploring the Real Life Applications of Augmented Reality, 3 May 2018, Singapore, http://www.apidcevents.com/events/cio-summit-2018-singapore/agenda-7ba5fccec33541e38644e8b560e66096.aspx
- Panel Speaker, International Women’s Day Panel Discussion on “Gender Parity in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics); the Cause, Consequence and Affecting Change”. 8 March 2018, Organized by Michael Page (Page Group) is a UK listed recruitment firm.
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2018, 16 January 2018, Title of talk: Engineering Career
- Invited Speaker presentation, Topic: State-of-the-art of ubiquitous manufacturing research, 17th International Manufacturing Conference in China, 23-26 November 2017, Invited Presentation, Shenzhen, China
- Invited Speaker for United World College of South East Asia Conference on STEM
20 July 2017 Invited Speaker for Women in Science, Engineering and Research (WiSER) Summit, IES
Title: Professional Development for Women Leaders in Industry
- Keynote Speaker, NTUC Inaugural U Women’s Network Progressive Forum on Women in Science and Engineering, 25 April, 2017
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2017, 20 January 2017, Title of talk: Engineering Career
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2016, 15 January 2016, Title of talk: Engineering Career
- Invited Speaker, CHIJ St. Theresa Convent Higher Education Fair, 5 January 2016.
- Grand Final Judge, Project Inspire, UN Women Singapore Committee, 13 November 2015.
- Judge, Chips@School, Infineon, 28 October 2015.
- Invited Speaker for Women in Science, Engineering and Research (WiSER) Summit on 23 Oct 2015, organized by Institute of Engineers Singapore, Track#1 Title: Women in Leadership and Gender Diversity, Track#3 Title: Professional Development for Women Leaders (details).
- Invited Panel Speaker for National Youth Council – YOUTHSPEAK x What-If conversations, Title: What if none of us wants to help lead Singapore?, 17 August 2015.
- Invited Panel Speaker for UN Women Singapore STEM Programme Girls2Pioneers at Raffles Girls’ School, 2 July 2015.
- Invited Guest Speaker for Harvard College in Asia Program 14-22 March 2015, Singapore Management University, 19 March 2015, Title of talk: Gender Diversity in Technology.
- Invited Speaker for Infineon Singapore – International Women’s Day Celebration on Women in Technical Career, 6 March 2015.
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2015, 16 January 2015, Title of talk: Engineering Career.
- Invited Speaker for UN Women Singapore STEM Programme Girls2Pioneers Workshop at Raffles Girls’ School, 27 October 2014.
- Guest of Honour and Panelist for NUS Centre for Future Ready Graduates Panel Discussion – In Conversation with Female Engineers, 16 October 2014 (details)
- Speaker for Workshop on Innovative Leadership: Taking Charge of Solutions, as part of 6th PL-National Youth Council Student Leadership Conference 2014, 13 August 2014, Title: Engineering and Leadership (details)
- Invited Speaker for Session “Women in Engineering”, National Engineers Day 19 July 2014, organized by Institute of Engineers Singapore, Title: Why are you not an Engineer?
- Invited Panel Speaker for International Federation of University Women (IFUW) Policy Seminar Asia, 30 June 2014 Title of talk: Increasing Access to Education for Girls & Women in Asia: Solutions for Success (details)
- Invited Panel Speaker for UN Women SG Committee Seminar 27 May 2014, Pioneers of Today, The Female Leaders in STEM, A Panel Discussion on Navigating Opportunities and Challenges Title of talk: Female Leaders in STEM: Challenges and Opportunities, Relevance to Businesses (details)
- Invited Panel Speaker for Singapore MasterCard Townhall Session 28 April 2014 on “Women in Technology” Title of talk: Women in Technology
- Invited Panel Speaker for UN Women Singapore Committee – Public Launch of Women in STEM Programme Title of talk: Women in STEM, 17 April 2014
- Invited Panel Speaker for UN Women Singapore Committee – Private Launch of Women in STEM Programme Title of talk: Women in STEM, 18 March 2014
- Singapore Youth Award – SYA-McDonald’s Be Inspired Conference 2013 Title: Why are you not a scientist? (Workshop Speaker), 9 November 2013
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2013, 18 January 2013, Title of talk: Engineering
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2012, 18 January 2012, Title of talk: Engineering
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2011, 21 January 2011, Title of talk: Engineering
- Invited Speaker for ASME Student Section Design Competition 2012, 20 March 2012, Title of talk: Engineering
- Invited Speaker for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School Career Conference 2010, 15 January 2010, Title of talk: Engineering
- Guest of Honour for Ang Mo Kio Secondary School 30th Anniversary Awards Night 2009, 20 November 2009
- Inaugural Living Business Seminar on Corporate Social Responsibility organised by HSBC Bank Title of Seminar 24 November 2005: CSR for SMEs – Building Sustainable Businesses Title of Talk: Trends and Practices in Environmentally Sustainable Manufacturing
“What is essential and important is invisible to the eyes. Use your heart to see, to hear, to think, to judge.”
Singapore Youth Award Medal of Commendation 2013 – Citation Quote
“When I really want to achieve something, I’ll go after it. I will work doubly or even triply hard and never give up, as there is always another way to achieve the objectives.”
Singapore Youth Award 2004 – Citation Quote
Tel: (65) 6516 2222
Fax: (65) 6779 1459