In the International Academic Community, I have provided my expertise in the following roles:
- Members of more than 100 international conferences as Conference Organizing Secretary, Conference Organization Member, International Scientific Committee, International Programme Committee, International Advisory Committee, Technical Programme Committee.
- Invited reviewer of more than 100 international conferences in the area of engineering and manufacturing.
- Invited reviewer of more than 50 international journals.
As an academic in the engineering profession, I have served in the following Engineering Professional Societies:
- Executive Committee Member, Society of Women Engineers, Singapore Chapter, June 2021- present.
- Member of Assistive Technology Workgroup, Singapore Society for Physically Disabled, Aug 2005 – Aug 2006.
- Executive Committee Member, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (Singapore Chapter 219), Jan 1997 – Feb 1998.
- Executive Committee Member, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (Singapore Chapter 219), Editor for SME yearbook, Feb 1998 – Dec 1998.
- Honorary Secretary, Society of Engineering Alumni Singapore, Jan 1997 – Apr 1998.
- Editor of bi-monthly EAS Newsletter, Society of Engineering Alumni Singapore, Jan 1997 – Apr 1998.
As an champion for Women in Engineering and STEM Education and Careers, I have served in the following roles:
- Member of STEM Advisory Panel, United Women Singapore, June 2021 – present
- Ambassador for STEM Programme, Girls2Pioneers, United Women Singapore, October 2019 – present
- Ambassador for STEM Programme, UN Women Singapore Committee, Jan 2014 – September 2019
I have been invited to serve as judge and jury member of competitions in the Industry:
- International Judge, Invited International Judge, Hilti IT Competition 2019 event themed The Future of Construction in a Digital World, KL, Malaysia
- International Judge, Grand Challenge Scholar Program, Theme: VR and AR for Healthcare, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, 1-3 June 2018
- Jury Member, Singapore Dutch Chamber of Commerce, 4th Winsemius Awards, 17 May 2018
- Panel Judge, UN Women Singapore, MasterCard Singapore – Project Inspire 2015, 13 November 2015
- Panel Judge, Infineon Singapore – Chips@School Competition, 28 October 2015
Updated March 2022, Prof S K Ong