|Tai Ming Hang
|NUS Environmental Research Institute
1 Create Way
Create Tower, Level 15 (E2S2), Singapore 049374
|Office: Create Tower, Level 15 (E2S2)|
|Phone: (65) 82645230|
Ph.D., School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2011-2016
M.Sc., School of Environmental Science & Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2010-2011
B.E., School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2005-2009
Multifunctional carbonaceous membrane fabrication, electrospinning, oil/water separation, aerogel
- M.H. Tai, B.C. Mohan, Z. Yao and C.H. Wang, “Superhydrophobic leached carbon Black/Poly (vinyl) alcohol aerogel for selective removal of oils and organic compounds from water”, Chemosphere, 286, p.131520 (2022).
- D. Mitra, M.H. Tai, E.B. Abdullah, C.H. Wang and K.G. Neoh, “Facile fabrication of porous waste-derived carbon-polyethylene terephthalate composite sorbent for separation of free and emulsified oil from water”. Separation and Purification Technology, 279, p.119664 (2021).
- O. Yaqubi, M.H. Tai, D. Mitra, C. Gerente, K.G. Neoh, C.H. Wang, Y. Andres, “Adsorptive Removal of Tetracycline and Amoxicillin from Aqueous Solution by Leached Carbon Black Waste and Chitosan-carbon Composite Beads”, Journal of Environmental Chemical Eng., 9(1) 104988 (2021).
- D. Mitra, B. C. Mohan, M.H. Tai, C. Zhou, M. H. B. Hashim, K. Y.H. Gin, C.H. Wang, K. G. Neoh, “Emerging Pharmaceutical and Organic Contaminants Removal using Carbonaceous Waste from Oil Refineries”, Chemosphere, 271, 129542 (2021).
- Tai, M.H., Gao, P., Tan, B.Y.L., Sun, D.D. and Leckie, J.O., 2014. Highly efficient and flexible electrospun carbon–silica nanofibrous membrane for ultrafast gravity-driven oil–water separation. ACS applied materials & interfaces, 6(12), pp.9393-9401.
- Tai, M.H., Juay, J., Sun, D.D. and Leckie, J.O., 2015. Carbon–silica composite nanofiber membrane for high flux separation of water-in-oil emulsion–Performance study and fouling mechanism. Separation and Purification Technology, 156, pp.952-960.
- Tai, M.H., Tan, B.Y.L., Juay, J., Sun, D.D. and Leckie, J.O., 2015. A Self‐Assembled Superhydrophobic Electrospun Carbon–Silica Nanofiber Sponge for Selective Removal and Recovery of Oils and Organic Solvents. Chemistry–A European Journal, 21(14), pp.5395-5402.
- Tai, M.H., Gao, P., Tan, B.Y.L., Sun, D.D. and Leckie, J.O., 2015. A hierarchically-nano structured TiO2-carbon nanofibrous membrane for concurrent gravity-driven oil-water separation. International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, 6(8), p.590.
- Tan, B.Y.L., Tai, M.H., Juay, J., Liu, Z. and Sun, D., 2015. A study on the performance of self-cleaning oil–water separation membrane formed by various TiO2 nanostructures. Separation and Purification Technology, 156, pp.942-951
- Tan, B.Y.L., Liu, Z., Gao, P., Tai, M.H. and Sun, D.D., 2016. Oil‐Water Separation Using a Self‐Cleaning Underwater Superoleophobic Micro/Nanowire Hierarchical Nanostructured Membrane. ChemistrySelect, 1(7), pp.1329-1338.
- Gao, P., Li, A.R., Tai, M.H., Liu, Z.Y. and Sun, D.D., 2014. A hierarchical nanostructured carbon nanofiber–In2S3 photocatalyst with high photodegradation and disinfection abilities under visible Light. Chemistry–An Asian Journal, 9(6), pp.1663-1670
- Gao, P., Tai, M.H. and Sun, D.D., 2013. Hierarchical TiO2/V2O5 multifunctional membrane for water purification. ChemPlusChem, 78(12), pp.1475-1482.