|NUS Environmental Research Institute,
National University of Singapore,
1 CREATE Way, #15-02 CREATE Tower,
|Office: E2S2 15-02-22|
|Phone: (65) 97167443|
Ph.D, Chemical Engineering, West Virginia University, United States, 2014-2019.
M.Eng., Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2011-2014.
B.Eng., Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2007-2011.
- Simulation and optimization of energy systems;
- Model predictive control for nonlinear processes;
- Kua, H.W., He, X., Tian, H., Goel, A., Xu, T., Liu, W., Yao, D., Ramachandran, S., Liu, X., Yong, Y.W., Dai., Y., Peng, Y., Wang, C.H. Life cycle climate change mitigation through next-generation urban waste management systems in high-density Asian cities: A Singapore Case Study. Submitted to Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
- Yao, Z., He, X., Hu, Q., Cheng, W., Yang, H., & Wang, C. H. (2020). A Hybrid Peripheral Fragmentation and Shrinking-core Model for Fixed-bed Biomass Gasification. Chemical Engineering Journal, 124940.
- Li, F., He, X., Shoemaker, C. A., & Wang, C. H. (2020). Experimental and numerical study of biomass catalytic pyrolysis using Ni2P-loaded zeolite: Product distribution, characterization and overall benefit. Energy Conversion and Management, 208, 112581.
- He, X., & Lima, F. V. (2020). A modified SQP-based model predictive control algorithm: application to supercritical coal-fired power plant cycling. Accepted for Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. DOI:10.1021/acs.iecr.0c01843
- He, X., & Lima, F. V. (2019). Development and implementation of advanced control strategies for power plant cycling with carbon capture. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 121, 497-509.
- He, X., Wang, Y., Bhattacharyya, D., Lima, F. V., & Turton, R. (2018). Dynamic modeling and advanced control of post-combustion CO2 capture plants. Chemical Engineering Research and Design, 131, 430-439.
- Lima, F. V., He, X., Amrit, R., & Daoutidis, P. (2017). Advanced control strategies for IGCC plants with membrane reactors for CO2 capture. Process Systems and Materials for CO2 Capture: Modelling, Design, Control and Integration, 501-521.
Conference Publications/ Presentations
- Xin He and Chi-Hwa Wang. Optimization of biomass gasification for energy and biochar production. 4th E2S2-CREATE Biochar Workshop, Singapore, January 2020.
- Xin He, Zhiyi Yao and Chi-Hwa Wang. Optimal Design and Operation of Biomass Waste Gasification for Energy and Biochar Production. AIChE Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL, November 2019.
- Xin He and Fernando V. Lima. A modified SQP method for MPC of a supercritical pulverized coal-fired power plant during cycling. AIChE Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, November 2018.
- Xin He and Fernando V. Lima. Design and implementation of model predictive control strategies for IGCC power plant cycling with carbon capture. AIChE Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, November 2017
- Yifan Wang, Xin He, Sai P. Vudata, Rebecca Kim, Debangsu Bhattacharyya, Fernando V. Lima and Richard Turton. Modeling the impact of power plant cycling and develop model-based optimal mitigation strategies. U.S.-China CERC-ACTC Annual Meeting, Lexington, KY, September 2017.
- He Jin, Xin He, Pei Liu, Fernando V. Lima, Zheng Li, Debangsu Bhattacharyya and Richard Turton. Dynamic performance of post-combustion CO2 capture plant using MEA. In Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference on Coal Science & Technology and 2017 Australia-China Symposium on Energy, September 2017.
- Jacob Douglas, Xin He, Fernando V. Lima. Modeling, simulation and control of a supercritical coal-fired power plant for smart grid applications. AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 2016.
- Xin He and Fernando V. Lima. Design and implementation of model predictive control strategies for IGCC power plant cycling with carbon capture. AIChE Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 2016.
- Xin He, Rishi Amrit, Richard Turton and Fernando V. Lima. Model predictive control of integrated gasification combined cycle power plants with membrane reactors for carbon capture. AIChE Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, Utah, November 2015.