|NUS Environmental Research Institute
1 Create Way, CREATE Tower,
|Office:Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering (WS2-06-17)|
|Phone: (65) 83506458|
2012-2017: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Nanoscience and Technology, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P. R. China.
Title: Peptide Conjugated PEG-based Biodegradable Polymeric Nanomicelles for Cancer Drug Delivery.
2007-2010: M.Sc., M.Tech. in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, National Center for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
2004-2007: B.Sc. Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
- Synthesis and characterization of stimuli responsive biodegradable amphiphilic block copolymers
- Construction of nanoparticle platforms for effective drug delivery/photodynamic therapy, imaging/diagnosis and nanomaterials-enabled immunotherapy for cancer
- Design of polymer-drug conjugates for the eradication of bacterial infection
- Nanocomposites for the inhibition of amyloid causing proteins
- Synthesis of block copolymers via ROP, ATRP, RAFT and Michael addition.
- Synthesis of inorganic nanomaterial like Ceria nanosphere/nanocubes, Au, Fe, GO/Au, GO/IO, GO/IO/CS.
- Synthesis of prodrug conjugates.
- Preparation of microbial culture media, sterilization, Mass cultivation of bacteria for the determination of Minimum Inhibitory concentration (MIC) and Minimum Bactericidal Concentration (MBC), Nanocomposites on Gram (+) and Gram (-) bacterial biofilm eradication.
- Demonstrated experience in handling MRI imaging, biochemical tools and assays, such as flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, western blots, analysis of immune system stimulation, Immunohistochemistry staining, Cell processing for Bio-TEM imaging and histopathology studies.
- Experience in cellular and cancer biology (2D and 3D multicellular spheroids) techniques.
- Prior experience in working with animal model for burn wound treatment (Sprague Dawley Rats) and breast cancer/orthotopic glioblastoma Multiforme (Nude Mice).
- Anbu Mozhi, Vishnu Sunil, Wenbo Zhan, Pramila Baban Ghode, Nitish V Thakor and Chi-Hwa Wang*, Enhanced Penetration of Pro-Apoptotic and Anti-Angiogenic Micellar Nanoprobe in 3D Multicellular Spheroids for Chemophototherapy. Journal of Controlled Release (2020), 323, 502-518. IF = 7.940
- Jia Heng Teoh, Anbu Mozhi, Pooya Davoodi, Srinivas Ramasamy, Sanjairaj, Qiaoyun Yang, Teresa Dicolandrea, Helen Zhao, Jerry Fuh, Yih-Cherng Liou and Chi-Hwa Wang*, Investigation of the application of a taylor-couette bioreactor in the post-processing of bioprinted human dermal tissue, Biochemical Engineering Journal (2019), 151,107317. IF = 3.37
- Anbu Mozhi, Israr Ahmad, Ruslan G Tuguntaev, Ahmad Shaker Eltahan, Shizhu Chen, Chan Li *, Xing-Jie Liang*, Nrp-1 receptor targeting peptide functionalized TPGS micellar nanosystem to deliver 10-hydroxycampotothecin for cancer chemotherapy. International Journal of Pharmaceutics 2018, 547, 582-592. IF = 4.320; Cited by 7
- Anbu Mozhi, Israr Ahmad, Okeke C, Chan Li *, and Xing-Jie Liang*, pH-Sensitive Polymeric Micelles for codelivery of Proapoptotic Peptide and anticancer drug for synergistic cancer therapy. RSC Advance 2017, 7, 12886-12896. IF = 3.16; Cited by 19.
- Israr Ahmad,Anbu Mozhi, Lin Yang, Qiusan Han, Xing-Jie Liang, Chan Li, Rong Yang*, and Chen Wang*, Graphene Oxide/Iron Oxide Nanocomposite as an Inhibitor of β-Amyloid. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2017, 159, 540-545. IF = 4.040; Cited by 4
- Ruslan G. Tuguntaeva, Shizhu Chen, Ahmed Shaker Eltahan, Anbu Mozhi, Shubin Jin, Jinchao Zhang, Chan Li*, and Xing-Jie Liang*, P-gp Inhibition and Mitochondria impairment by Dual-functional Nanostructure Based on Vitamin E Derivatives to Overcome Multidrug Resistance. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 2017, 9, 16900-16912. IF = 8.330; Cited by 28.
- Shizhu Chen, Keni Yang, Ruslan G Tuguntaev, Anbu Mozhi, Jinchao Zhang, Paul C Wang, Xing-Jie Liang*, Targeting tumor microenvironment with PEG-based amphiphilic nanoparticles to overcome the chemoresistance. Nanomedicine 2016, 12, 269. IF = 5.620; Cited by 62.
- Juan Liu, Yurang Huang, Anil Kumar, Aaorn Tan, Shubin Jin, Anbu Mozhi, Xing-Jie Liang*, pH Sensitive nano-systems for drug delivery in cancer therapy. Biotechnology Advances 2014, 32, 693. IF = 13.220; Cited by 630.
- Hongmei Liu, Yan li, Anbu Mozhi, Liang Zhang, Yilan Liu, Xia Xu, Jianmin Xing, Xing-Jie Liang*, Guanghui Ma, Jun Yang, Xin Zhang*, SiRNA Phospholipids conjugates for gene and drug delivery in cancer treatment. Biomaterials, 2014, 6519. IF = 10.250; Cited by 57
- Anil Kumar, Fei Chen, Anbu Mozhi, Xu Zhang, Yuanyuan Zhao, Xiangdong Xue Yanli Hao, Xiaoning Zhang, Paul C Wang, Xing-Jie Liang*, Innovative pharmaceutical development based on unique properties delivery formulation. Nanoscale 2013, 5, 8307. IF = 6.97; Cited by 67
- C.M. Babu, Zhiyi Y, T. Anbu Mozhi, C.H. Wang*, 2019, A Cost-effective way of converting low grade carbon to activated for environmental applications. ILO Ref: 2019-377
- J.H. Teoh, T. Anbu Mozhi, Jerry Y.H. Fuh, S.M. Tay, C.H. Wang*, 2020, Photocrosslinkable, drug-loaded, customizable, on-demand hydrogel wound dressings for the treatment of thermal burns. ILO Ref: 2020-186
- Xing-Jie Liang*, Anbu Mozhi, Chan Li, Israr Ahmad, Chukwunweike Ikechukwu Okeke, pH-sensitive and angiogenesis targeting polymeric micelles for co-delivery of proapoptotic peptide and docetaxel and their preparation. Patent number: 201710010597.1
- Guest Speaker – Live Webinar conducted by CELLINK Life Science, “3D Bioprinting Pipeline of a Full Thickness Human Skin Model”, National University of Singapore, June 11, Singapore.
- Invited Speaker at the workshop NUS-Zhejiang University on “Glutathione modified Pro-Apoptotic and Anti-Angiogenic Micellar Nanoprobe for Chemophototherapy of High-grade Glioma”, National University of Singapore, (July 24-25, 2019), Singapore.
- Jia Heng Teoh, Anbu Mozhi and Chi-Hwa Wang, ‘Post-processing of 3D Bioprinted Human Dermal Tissues in the Dynamic Culture Environment of a Taylor-Couette Device’, Poster presentation in the 2019 AIChE Annual meeting, Orlando, USA.
- Vishnu Sunil, Anbu Mozhi and Chi-Hwa Wang, “Enhanced tumor delivery of SP1 Protein Inhibitor using DSPE-PEG Micelles for the treatment of recurrent high-grade glioma”. Poster presentation in the Controlled Release Society (CRS), (July 21-24, 2019), Valencia, Spain.
- He Li, B. C. Mohan, Anbu Mozhi, Chi-Hwa Wang, “Waste to Resource: Synthesis of electrolyte in vanadium redox flow battery from fly ash”, AIChE Annual Meeting, 10-15 November, 2019; Orlando, Florida, USA.
- H. Teoh, Anbu Mozhi, S.M. Tay, C.H. Wang, “Complex Multi-layered Microparticle Laden Fixed Hydrogel Wound Dressing Fabricated via 3D Printing for the Treatment of Thermal Burns”, AIChE Annual Meeting, 10-15 November, 2019; Orlando, Florida, USA.
- International Conference on Nanoscience & Technology, China Nano 2013 and 2015 Beijing, China.
- Molecular basis of diagnosis, prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, October, 2013, Beijing, China
- Green Nanotechnology, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences 2013, Beijing, China.
Awards and Achievements
- President scholarship (2015-2017), National Center for Nanoscience & Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
- Director Major Award 2014, National Center for Nanoscience & Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
- Director Major Award 2013, National Center for Nanoscience & Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China.
- Awarded Chinese Government Scholarship for International Student. (2012 – 2016).