|NUS Environmental Research Institute,
1 Create Way, Create Tower
|Office: Create Tower, Level 15 (E2S2)|
|Phone: (65) 8258 0753|
- Ph.D, Materials Science & Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore,2014-2018
- M.Tech, Biomedical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay; Mumbai, 2007-2011
- B.Tech, Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, 2007-2011
- Microencapsulation using pine pollen for molecular delivery
- Graphene Quantum dots for Drug Delivery
- Waste to Resource- Ash as Construction and Land Reclamation Material
- Synthesized geopolymers using coal & wood fly ash along with leachate testing
- Removed heavy metals from sewage sludge ash using acids and assessed marine toxicity of raw & processed ash
Geopolymerisation using coal & wood fly ash Marine Toxicity of Raw and Acid treated Sewage Sludge Ash
- Arun Kumar Prabhakar, Hui Ying Lai, Michael G. Potroz, Michael K. Corliss, Jae Hyeon Park, Raghavendra C. Mundargi, Daeho Cho, Sa-Ik Bang, Nam-Joon Cho,“ Chemical processing strategies to obtain sporopollenin exine capsules from multi-compartmental pine pollen” J. of Industrial Engineering & Chemistry,53, 375-385, May 2017
- Arun Kumar Prabhakar#, Michael G. Potroz#, Ee-Lin Tan, Haram Jung, Jae Hyeon Park, and Prof. Nam-Joon Cho*;”Microencapsulation with Plant-Based Multi-Cavity Microparticles: Nanoporous Microstructures, Loading Optimization, and Controlled Release“, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces,10, 28428-28439, July 2018
- Arun Kumar Prabhakar, Michael G. Potroz, Soohyun Park, Eijiro Miyako* and Nam-Joon Cho*; “Spatially controlled molecular encapsulation in natural pine pollen microcapsules”, Particles & Particle Systems Characterisation ,1800151, July 2018
- W. Y. Lin, A.K. Prabhakar, B. C. Mohan, C.H. Wang, “A factorial experimental analysis of using wood fly ash as an alkaline activator along with coal fly ash for production of geopolymer-cementitious hybrids”, Science of the Total Environment 718, 135289 (2020).
- A.K. Prabhakar, B.C. Mohan, T.S. Tay, S.S.C. Lee, S.L.M. Teo, C.H. Wang, “Incinerated Sewage Sludge Bottom Ash- Chemical processing, Leaching patterns and Toxicity testing”, Journal of Hazardous Material, 402, 123350 (2021).
- Hu, J. Jung, D. Chen, K. Leong, S. Song, F. Li, B. Mohan, Z. Yao, A. K. Prabhakar, X. H. Lin, E. Y. Lim, L. Zhang, G. Souradeep , Y.S. Ok, H.W. Kua, S. F. Y. Li, H. T. W. Tan, Y. Dai, Y. W. Tong, Y. Peng, S. Joseph, C.H. Wang “Biochar Industry to Circular Economy”, Science of the Total Environment, 757, 143820 (2021).
- SG Non-Provisional Application No. 10202102558W. Title: A Method of Treating An Ash Composition. ILO Ref: 2020-388-01.
 Presented a poster titled “Protein-free Pine Pollen Microcapsules for Molecular Loading” at the NTU-IITB joint symposium(NTU), March 2017.
 Presented a poster titled “Controlled Release from Defatted Pine Pollen” at the 4th European Biopharma Congress(Vienna, Austria) , November 2017.
 Z Yao, A.K. Prabhakar, Babu, CM, C.H. Wang, “Treatment and Utilization of Solid Residues from Waste Combustion Facilities and Carbon Black Waste for a Sustainable Environment”, 22nd Conference on Process Integration for Energy Saving and Pollution Reduction – PRES’19, Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece, 20–23 October, 2019.- Accepted Abstract
 “Geopolymerisation using coal fly ash and wood fly ash with internal and external alkali sources”
Engineering Sustainable Development, Seoul, Korea,2019- Accepted Abstract