|Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering,
National University of Singapore, 4 Engineering Drive 2,
|Office: University Town Create Tower #15-02|
|Phone: +65 83936218|
Ph.D, Chemical Engineering, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia,2014-2018
B.Eng., Environmental Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China; Clean and Renewable Energy, ParisTech, Paris, France.
Green bioenergy conversion and waste treatment to energy and resource,
Catalytic pyrolysis, gasification and Chemical Reaction Engineering,
|Ø An investigation on conversion of microalgae to liquid transportation fuels via catalytic pyrolysis|
|· Investigate the effects of different CO2 concentrations on microalgae growth and
· Investigate the pyrolysis products and components under different pyrolysis conditions and optimize pyrolysis parameters to achieve a high-quality bio-oil.
· Develop catalysts which are capable of removing oxygen- and nitrogen-containing compounds from bio-oil.
· Develop adsorbents which are capable of removing nitrogen-containing compounds
· from bio-oil.
- Fanghua Li, Xin He, Christine A. Shoemaker, Chi-Hwa-Wang*. Experimental and numerical study on hydrocarbons and carbonaceous materials co-production from biomass catalytic pyrolysis: Product distribution, characterization and overall benefit. Published March 2020; DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2020.112581(Energy Conversion and Management_Q1, Rank 3/134, IF: 8.208).
- Fanghua Li, Lynn E Katz*, Zhiquan Hu*. Adsorption of major nitrogen-containing components in microalgae bio-oil by activated carbon: Equilibrium, kinetics and the ideal adsorbed solution theory (IAST) model. Published September 2019; DOI:10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b03804 (ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering_Q1, Rank 9/138, IF: 7.632).
- Fanghua Li, Srikanth Chakravartula Srivatsa, Sankar Bhattacharya*. A review of catalytic pyrolysis of microalgae for production of high-quality bio-oil. Published July 2019, 108, 481-497; DOI:10.1016/j.rser.2019.03.026 (Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review_Q1 Rank 5/92, IF: 12.110) 引用>20.
- Fanghua Li*, Lynn E Katz*, Siyao Qiu. Adsorptive Selectivity and Mechanism of Three Different Adsorbents for Nitrogenous Compounds Removal from Microalgae Bio-Oil. Published March 2019, 58 (10), 3959–3968; DOI: 10.1021/acs.iecr.8b04934 (Industrial &Engineering Chemistry Research_Q1, Rank 33/137, IF: 3.573).
- Fanghua Li, Srikanth Chakravartula Srivatsa, Warren Batchelor, Sankar Bhattacharya*. A study on growth and pyrolysis characteristics of microalgae using Thermogravimetric Analysis-Infrared Spectroscopy and synchrotron Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. Published April 2017, 229, 1-10; DOI: 10.1016/j.biortech.2017.01.005 (Bioresource Technology_Q1, Rank 14/160, IF: 7.539).
- Srikanth Chakravartula Srivatsa (supervisor), Fanghua Li, Sankar Bhattacharya*. Optimization of reaction parameters for bio-oil production by catalytic pyrolysis of microalga Tetraselmis suecica: Influence of Ni-loading on bio-oil composition. Published November 2019, 142, 426-436; DOI:10.1016/j.renene.2019.04.130 (Renewable Energy_Q1, Rank 7/33, IF: 6.274).
- Fanghua Li, Zhiquan Hu*, Bo Xiao. Bio-oil production by thermochemical catalytic liquefaction of bloom-forming cyanobacteria: Optimization using response surface methodology (RSM). Published November 2017; DOI: 10.1021/acs.energyfuels.7b02595 (Energy and Fuels_Q1, Rank 27/135, IF: 3.421).
- Fanghua Li*, Srikanth Chakravartula Srivatsa, Warren Batchelor. Nitrogen and phosphorus removal from wastewater by the microalgae biofilm. Published by Coal Technologies Associates June 2017, 758-768; ISBN No.978-0-932066-42-8 Library of Congress Card Catalog No. 86-06147.
- Fanghua Li, Srikanth Chakravartula Srivatsa, Sankar Bhattacharya*. Characteristics studies of bio-oil produced via fixed-bed catalytic pyrolysis of the marine microalgae Tetraselmis suecica. Published by Coal Technologies Associates June 2017, 973-984; ISBN No.978-0-932066-42-8 Library of Congress Card Catalog No. 86-06147.
- Le Zhang, Fanghua Li, Kai-Chee Loh, Chi-Hwa Wang, Yanjun Dai, Yen Wah Tong*. Methane yield enhancement of mesophilic and thermophilic anaerobic co-digestion of algal biomass and food waste using algal biochar: Semi-continuous operation and microbial community analysis. Published April 2020, 302; DOI: 10.1016/j.biortech.2020.122892 (Bioresource Technology_Q1, Rank 14/160, IF: 7.539).
- Tingting Xu, Bo Xiao, Gift Gladson Moyo, Fanghua Li, Zhihua Chen, Xun Wang*, Zhiquan Hu, Shiming Liu, Mian Hu.Syngas production via chemical looping reforming biomass pyrolysis oil using NiO/dolomite as oxygen carrier, catalyst or sorbent. Published August 2019; DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2019.111835. (Energy Conversion and Management_Q1, Rank 3/134, IF: 8.208).
- Nur H Zainan, Srikanth Chakravartula Srivatsa, Fanghua Li, Sankar Bhattacharya*. Quality of bio-oil from Catalytic Pyrolysis of Microalgae Chlorella Vulgaris. Published March 2018; DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2018.02.166 (Fuel_Q1, Rank 13/135, IF: 5.578)引用>50.
- Qiguo Yi, Yongguang Zhang, Fangjie Qi, Bo Xiao, Fanghua Li. Experimental studies on co-firing lignocellulosic biomass with biochar. Published Sepetember 2014; DOI:10.13671/j.hjkxxb.2014.0652. Huanjing Kexue Xuebao/Acta Scientiae Circumstantiae.
- Haiping Wang, Zhiquan Hu, Bo Xiao, Qunpeng Cheng, Fanghua Li. Ammonium nitrogen removal in batch cultures treating digested piggery wastewater with microalgae Oedogonium sp. Published July 2013, 68 (2) 269-275; DOI: 10.2166/wst.2013.230 (Water Science & Technology_Q3, Rank 61/88, IF: 1.530).
- Zhihua Chen*, Yaru Li, Xueyi Hou, Fanghua Li, Rongliang Qiu, Xin Zhang. Slow pyrolysis of Sedum Spectabile Boreau under CO2 atmosphere for biochar-adsorbent production:pyrolytic kinetic,product analysis and Cr (VI) removal. (Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review_Q1 Rank 5/92, IF: 12.110-submitted in October 2019).
- Fanghua Li, Dan Sweeney, Yanjun Dai, Chi-Hwa Wang*. Influence of various novel catalysts on algal pyrolysis bio-oil. (Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews_Q1 Rank 5/92, IF: 12.110-submitted in May 2020)
- Ming Liu,Fanghua Li,Haifeng Liu*, Chi-Hwa Wang*.Synergistic effect on co-gasification of chicken manure and petcoke: an investigation of sustainable waste management. (Chemical Engineering Journal_Q1 Rank 2/291, IF: 10.652-submitted in July 2020)
- Ming Liu, Fanghua Li,Haifeng Liu, Chi-Hwa Wang*.Synergistic Effect Investigation on Co-Gasification of Chicken Manure and Petcoke. 2020 AIChE Annual Meeting (Catalysis and Reaction Engineering Division).