|NUS Environmental Research Institute,
1 Create Way,
|Office: Create Tower, #15-02|
|Phone: (65) 92318060|
Ph.D, State Key Laboratory of Coal Combustion, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, 2012-2018.
B.Eng., School of Power and Energy Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, 2008-2012.
Chemical looping conversion;
- Chemical looping gasification of biomass with Fe2O3/CaO as the oxygen carrier for hydrogen-enriched syngas production
- Fe2O3/CaO was used as the oxygen carrier for chemical looping gasification of biomass.
- Hydrogen production was promoted by one step reduction and oxidation of Ca2Fe2O5.
- A temperature of no less than 800 °C was needed for a completed redox of Ca2Fe2O5.
- Biomass ash destroyed the Ca2Fe2O5 structure to generate CaSiO3 and Fe2O3 during cyclic test.
- Steam co-gasification of horticultural waste and sewage sludge: Product distribution, synergistic analysis and optimization
- Co-gasification of HW and SS was investigated using steam as gasification agent.
- H2 content was increased and syngas yield was decreased with higher SS ratio.
- Syngas yield and H2 production were significantly promoted by synergistic effect.
- Optimal design and energy flow were performed for steam co-gasification.
 Qiang Hu, Ye Shen, Jia Wei Chew, Tianshu Ge, and Chi-Hwa Wang. Chemical looping gasification of biomass with Fe2O3/CaO as the oxygen carrier for hydrogen-enriched syngas production. Chemical Engineering Journal 379 (2020): 122346.
 Jingxin Zhang †, Qiang Hu †, Yiyuan Qu, Yanjun Dai, Yiliang He, Chi-Hwa Wang, and Yen Wah Tong. Integrating food waste sorting system with anaerobic digestion and gasification for hydrogen and methane co-production. Applied Energy 257 (2020): 113988. ((† Authors contribute equally to this work.)
 Qiang Hu, Yanjun Dai, and Chi-Hwa Wang. Steam co-gasification of horticultural waste and sewage sludge: Product distribution, synergistic analysis and optimization. Bioresource Technology 301 (2020): 122780.
 Qiang Hu, and Chi-Hwa Wang. Insight into the Fe2O3/CaO-based chemical looping process for biomass conversion. Bioresource Technology (2020): 123384.
 Zhiyi Yao, Xin He, Qiang Hu, Wei Cheng, Haiping Yang, and Chi-Hwa Wang. A Hybrid Peripheral Fragmentation and Shrinking-core Model for Fixed-bed Biomass Gasification. Chemical Engineering Journal (2020): 124940.
 Hu, J. Jung, D. Chen, K. Leong, S. Song, F. Li, B. Mohan, Z. Yao, A. K. Prabhakar, X. H. Lin, E. Y. Lim, L. Zhang, G. Souradeep , Y.S. Ok, H.W. Kua, S. F. Y. Li, H. T. W. Tan, Y. Dai, Y. W. Tong, Y. Peng, S. Joseph, C.H. Wang “Biochar Industry to Circular Economy”, Science of the Total Environment, 757, 143820 (2021).
 Zhang, Y. Cui, T. Zhang, Q. Hu, Y. W. Tong, Y. He, Y. Dai, C.H. Wang, Y. Peng, “Food waste treating by biochar-assisted high-solid anaerobic digestion coupled with steam gasification: Enhanced bioenergy generation and porous biochar production”, Bioresource Technology, 331, 125051 (2021).
 Hu, X. He, Z. Yao, Y. Dai, C.H. Wang, “Gaseous production kinetics and solid structure analysis during isothermal conversion of biomass pellet under different atmospheres”, Journal of Energy Institute, in press (2021).