|NUS Environmental Research Institute,
1 Create Way,
|Office: Create Tower, #15-02|
|Phone: (65) 92318060|
Ph.D, State Key Laboratory of Coal Combustion, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, 2012-2018.
B.Eng., School of Power and Energy Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, 2008-2012.
Chemical looping conversion;
- Chemical looping gasification of biomass with Fe2O3/CaO as the oxygen carrier for hydrogen-enriched syngas production
- Fe2O3/CaO was used as the oxygen carrier for chemical looping gasification of biomass.
- Hydrogen production was promoted by one step reduction and oxidation of Ca2Fe2O5.
- A temperature of no less than 800 °C was needed for a completed redox of Ca2Fe2O5.
- Biomass ash destroyed the Ca2Fe2O5 structure to generate CaSiO3 and Fe2O3 during cyclic test.
- Steam co-gasification of horticultural waste and sewage sludge: Product distribution, synergistic analysis and optimization
- Co-gasification of HW and SS was investigated using steam as gasification agent.
- H2 content was increased and syngas yield was decreased with higher SS ratio.
- Syngas yield and H2 production were significantly promoted by synergistic effect.
- Optimal design and energy flow were performed for steam co-gasification.
 Qiang Hu, Ye Shen, Jia Wei Chew, Tianshu Ge, and Chi-Hwa Wang. Chemical looping gasification of biomass with Fe2O3/CaO as the oxygen carrier for hydrogen-enriched syngas production. Chemical Engineering Journal 379 (2020): 122346.
 Jingxin Zhang †, Qiang Hu †, Yiyuan Qu, Yanjun Dai, Yiliang He, Chi-Hwa Wang, and Yen Wah Tong. Integrating food waste sorting system with anaerobic digestion and gasification for hydrogen and methane co-production. Applied Energy 257 (2020): 113988. ((† Authors contribute equally to this work.)
 Qiang Hu, Yanjun Dai, and Chi-Hwa Wang. Steam co-gasification of horticultural waste and sewage sludge: Product distribution, synergistic analysis and optimization. Bioresource Technology 301 (2020): 122780.
 Qiang Hu, and Chi-Hwa Wang. Insight into the Fe2O3/CaO-based chemical looping process for biomass conversion. Bioresource Technology (2020): 123384.
 Zhiyi Yao, Xin He, Qiang Hu, Wei Cheng, Haiping Yang, and Chi-Hwa Wang. A Hybrid Peripheral Fragmentation and Shrinking-core Model for Fixed-bed Biomass Gasification. Chemical Engineering Journal (2020): 124940.