In this lecture, we will review different approaches to interest management, and study a few algorithms in details.
- An overview of AOI mechanism is presented in [Smed06].
- A good overview of different interest management schemes can be found in [Boul06].
- Cell-to-cell visibility algorithm is described in the context of interactive walkthrough in a classic paper by Teller [Tell91].
- The generalized interest management scheme used in Lucid Platform 1.0 is described in a paper by Liu et al [Liu05], while the sort-based region matching algorithm is described in [Racz05].
- J. Smed and H Hakonen, “Algorithms and Networking for Computer Games”, Wiley, July 2006. [NUS LINC]
- J. Boulanger, J. Kienzle, and C. Verbrugge. “Comparing interest management algorithms for massively multiplayer games,” In NetGames ’06. [ACM DL | Google Scholar]
- S. Teller, and C. Sequin, Visibility preprocessing for interactive walkthroughs. In SIGGRAPH ’91. [ACM DL | Google Scholar]
- Liu E. S., Yip M. K., and Yu G. Scalable interest management for multidimensional routing space. In VRST ’05. [Google Scholar]
- C. Raczy, G. Tan, and J. Yu, A sort-based DDM matching algorithm for HLA. ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulations 15(1) (Jan. 2005), 14-38. [ACM DL | Google Scholar]
Here is the preview of the slides.