Exhibition at ArtsBuzz: White Nights

Flowers bloom around the clock if the night never gets dark.

From 2-25 October,  Central Library will exhibit a collection of floral paintings called “White Nights”. Why floral paintings? Since I majored in Environmental Biology, I possess the utmost love for all living things and naturally something as beautiful as flowers would represent an theme for my solo exhibition.

“White Nights” is my first solo exhibition at the NUS Central Library and is a tribute to all my friends as an appreciation for their help and support through these years. This floral-themed exhibition lets me share the beauty of nature as seen through my eyes.

I also hope to bring the visual arts to NUS in my own little way and add a little spice to varsity life in the process. “White Nights” gives me an opportunity to express my concept of “visual arts as a universal  language”. The “White Nights” exhibition will be expressed in 4 languages: English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil.

About the artist

Born in 1990 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia, Ching Siong studied general art at Page One Academy, and received his B.S. in Life Sciences at NUS in 2012. While at NUS, he absorbed conventional concepts and skills in watercolour and oil media, subsequently forming his own style. He now concentrates on local contemporary art and children’s art. In 2009, he received a world first honor prize from Hong Kong Po Leung Kuk. He is currently a painter and art teacher in Malaysia.

Tey Ching Siong