- Submission opens: 15 October 2021, 0000H SGT
- Submission Deadline: 23 November 2021, 2359H SGT (Late submissions will not be considered)
- Confirmation of accepted oral abstracts by 24 November 2021
- A word limit of 500 words – Title, authors and affiliations not included in word count
- Abstracts are to be clearly separated into the background, methods, results and conclusion sections, with the word count clearly stated.
- No references, tables and figures to be included in abstract.
- A submission template and example can be downloaded here. .
Submitting authors are required to ensure that all listed co-authors have reviewed the abstract, take responsibility for its content and agree with being listed as co-author.
All potential conflicts of interest for each co-author must be provided. Potential conflicts of interest include, but are not limited to, commercial interest in the research, and financial or in-kind support for the research, and financial or in-kind support for the research from entities with commercial interest in the research.
Each abstract will be reviewed and scored by two reviewers for the quality and originality of the research, the scientific content and presentation. A notice of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting authors only. It is the responsibility of the submitting author to notify other co-authors of the Committee’s decision.
Session assignments will be mailed by 26 November 2021 to the address given for correspondence.
The abstract review process is blinded, meaning that the authors’ names and affiliations are not disclosed to the reviewers.
Authors are encouraged to submit their abstracts as early as possible.
Acceptance of the abstract in the programme, selection for presentation and assignment to a session are determined solely by the Organising Committee based on the abstract’s subject matter and combined reviewer scores and comments. Decisions of the Organising Committee are final.
In view of the logistics behind assigning abstracts to sessions and the number of abstracts received, requests for particular types of presentations, sessions, days, or times will not be considered by the Organising Committee.
- All accepted abstracts will be published online on the symposium webpage and affiliated online channels (e.g. CIDER blog), regardless of selection for oral presentation during the symposium
For each abstract selected for presentation, at least one author must attend the symposium and present the contribution. Otherwise, the abstract will only be published online on the symposium webpage and affiliated online channels.
Should you require further explanation, please reach out to us via the contact form.