- Representations of real reductive groups
- Invariant distributions
- Singular unitary representations
- Degenerate principal series and local theta correspondence
- Derived functor modules and transfer between real forms
- Geometry of theta lifting
- Local uniqueness of models
- Local theta lifting of generalized Whittaker models
- First occurrence and conservation relations
- Special unipotent representations of real classical groups
- Invariant distributions of classical groups, Duke Math. Jour. 65 (1992), no. 1, 85-119.
- (with J.-S. Huang) On certain small representations of indefinite orthogonal groups, Representation Theory 1 (1997), 190-206.
- (with S. T. Lee) Degenerate principal series and local theta correspondence, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 350 (1998), no. 12, 5017-5046.
- (with N. Wallach) Transfer of unitary representations, Asian Jour. Math. 8 (2004), no. 4, 861-880 (special issue in memory of A. Borel).
- (with K. Nishiyama) Theta lifting of unitary lowest weight modules and their associated cycles, Duke Math. Jour. 125 (2004), no. 3, 415-465.
- (with D. Jiang and B. Sun) Uniqueness of Bessel models: the Archimedean case, Geom. Funct. Ana. 20 (2010), no. 3, 690-709.
- (with B. Sun) Multiplicity one theorems: the Archimedean case, Annals of Math. 175 (2012), no. 1, 23-44.
- (with R. Gomez) Local theta lifting of generalized Whittaker models associated to nilpotent orbits, Geom. Funct. Ana. 24 (2014), no. 3, 796-853.
- (with B. Sun) Conservation relations for local theta correspondence, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 28 (2015), no. 4, 939-983.
- (with D. M. Barbasch, J.-J. Ma and B. Sun) Special unipotent representations: orthogonal and symplectic groups, arXiv:1712.05552.
- Representations of Real and P-adic Groups, Vol 2, Lecture Notes Series, Institute for Mathematical Sciences, NUS, edited by Eng-Chye Tan and Chen-Bo Zhu, World Scientific Publishing, 2004.
- Harmonic Analysis, Group Representations, Automorphic Forms and Invariant Theory: In Honor of Roger E. Howe, Vol 12, Lecture Notes Series, Institute for Mathematical Sciences, NUS, edited by Jian-Shu Li, Eng-Chye Tan, Nolan Wallach and Chen-Bo Zhu, World Scientific Publishing, 2007.
- Representation Theory, Number Theory, and Invariant Theory, In Honor of Roger Howe on the Occasion of His 70th Birthday, Progress in Mathematics, Vol. 323, Jim Cogdell, Ju-Lee Kim and Chen-Bo Zhu (Eds.), Birkhäuser Basel, 2017.
- Unipotent representations of real classical groups (Conference on Representation Theory and Algebraic Geometry, In honor of Joseph Bernstein, June 11-16, 2017)
- Theta correspondence and special unipotent representations (Online Seminar in Representation Theory, Organized by Jan Frahm and Ben Ørsted, Aarhus U., September 8-9, 2021)