Hi there,

This blog was originally written as an assignment for ENV1101. Here, I presented my thoughts on the ’30by30′ plan on securing our food security. Writing and researching on the ’30by30′ plan for this assignment piqued my interest in food security and I hope to continue exploring this interesting field amidst our changing world.

I have condensed my writings here in an article on food security on Earthschool‘s website. Earthschool is an organisation that focuses on environmental education.

I have also written at the following sites:

ReachNotPreach:

I volunteered to represent the World Organization of the Scout Movement in our takeover of the UN Youth Envoy’s page on climate action. Here, I wrote an Op-Ed and filmed an Instagram Story.

Food security amidst global warming: Food Security in a Warming World

Reach Not Preach is a digital platform that was launched during COP25 (in 2019). It’s a digital space created based on the UN Youth 2030 Strategy to enable young people to access resources, tools, opportunities, and most importantly to share their unfiltered opinions on climate crisis & share their work on climate action.” In October 2020, scouts from the World Organisation of the Scouting Movement were invited to share their views.

I have also participated in other UN affiliated programmes through the Scouting movement.  I was one of three scouts globally to represent Scouting in the UN Food Systems Summit 2021 Global Youth Dialogue on Good Food for All on 4th May 2021.

BES Drongos:

Endemic species in Singapore: SORRY, THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION

BES Drongos is a group from BES that aims to raise awareness of our local biodiversity through guided walks, blog posts and photography.

Do drop me a email at see.toh_ee.kin@u.nus.edu if you would like to reach out or have any thoughts or criticisms about what I have written 🙂

Happy reading!

Cheers,

See Toh Ee Kin

27th January 2022