Teaching Connections welcomes posts that are thoughtful and focused on a key aspect of the teaching and learning experience in Higher Education. Each blog post
- must indicate a category (e.g. Essays, Reflection post, Resource post, Special Features)
- provides a brief description of the context, highlights one key issue, and discusses it
- is kept short, i.e. between 500 and 750 words (excluding references and captions, if any). For Essays, please refer to the relevant section below for word count requirements.
- does not need to follow a prescribed structure; posts which are not text-based, e.g. video or graphics-heavy posts, are welcome
- could integrate text, images, and videos
We welcome submissions from all NUS faculty and administrative colleagues, students, alumni and invited guests to engage in meaningful conversations and share good teaching and learning experiences across the institution and beyond.
These are evidence-based accounts on a particular teaching and learning practice that the author is engaged with. An Essay can be between 750 and 1000 words, and must include the author’s own argument about the featured teaching and learning practice.
These are concise posts (500-750 words) in which the contributor(s) specifically look out for a potential teaching and learning experience/issue/problem to investigate, drawing from prior experience or current teaching practices, and based on these investigations, determine how they want to reframe their practice (or not) in the future.
These are descriptive posts (500-750 words) focusing on a particular teaching & learning practice or tool, which other users can apply in their own teaching practice, e.g. how-to list on online learning tool or software.
These include video interviews and podcasts featuring invited speakers who discuss key teaching and learning issues.
All posts will go through internal review before publication.
- Language and tone are accessible to an intelligent lay audience
- Contributors must ensure permission has been sought to use
- All submissions should
- be in MS Word format (if a full-text submission)
- include references (if any), which should be in APA (7th Ed) citation style.
- Image file(s) can be in .jpg or .png formats (resolution 72 dpi or higher)
- Audio files should be submitted in .mp3 or .wav format, and videos should be submitted in .mp4 format.
- Authors are to ensure that the links provided (if any) in the post remain active
Contributors may refer to Creative Commons to give proper attribution.
Info About Contributors
Please include a biodata of less than 60 words, a photo, and email address.