Martyn’s RVRC Story

Feb 29, 2020 | #myRVstory, Blog, rnr | 0 comments

As RVRC e-Open Day is coming up, the student blog team will do a series of #myRVstory where residents share their #whyRV and their favorite parts about RVRC! Here’s Martyn’s story!

RVRC has come to be my defining university experience. It is the place where I have been studying, playing, learning and living for most of my university life. Staying in RVRC provides a platform and community for its residents to experience a unique university life beyond the normal academic curriculum of NUS.

The heart of RVRC lies in its people. Without RVRC, I would not have been able to forge the countless friendships I now treasure in my final year as a NUS student. After a long day of lectures and tutorials in Engineering or Computing, I can always look forward to coming back to RVRC to share a meal with my friends, and then kick back and relax in the lounge afterwards.

RVRC has also provided me an opportunity to try new hobbies that I would never have dreamt of joining at the start of university. We welcome students from all walks of life into our interest groups. Whether you are looking to learn a new sport or maybe join the house committee to help plan events for your fellow housemates. It is rarely a dull day for me in RVRC.

There’ll be more #myRVstory coming up these few weeks and if you want to be featured, just leave a comment, or contact lishuen at wee.lishuen@u.nus.edu!