Damien’s RVRC Story

Feb 28, 2020 | #myRVstory, Blog, rnr | 0 comments

As RVRC e-Open Day is coming up, the student blog team will do a series of #myRVstory where residents share their #whyRV and their favorite parts about RVRC! Here’s Damien’s story!

My two years at RVRC has been fruitful and enriching. I have grown so much in my soft skills and appreciation for our environment! I took up a food waste project as part of GEQ1917 and gained knowledge and shared it with the wider NUS community, which I felt was meaningful and that I made a small impact for our environment!

As part of the RV Programme, I went on a trip to Sumatra! It was a wonderful learning trip where I learnt about the Sumatran rainforest and helped with the reforestation project. It was a nice trip to unwind after a long semester! It was somewhere I would never have visited if it wasn’t for RV. 

As a computing student, RV is a good place to complement the technical skills I learn in my faculty with the soft skills I have learnt in RVRC though the various opportunities given to me. It was also a welcoming environment for me to try out many new sports like Kinball which was fun and interesting!

There’ll be more #myRVstory coming up these few weeks and if you want to be featured, just leave a comment, or contact lishuen at wee.lishuen@u.nus.edu!