Plantiful Bounty from Blogging

Hey there!

As we approach the end of this blogging journey, I just wanted to share some of my reflections regarding my blogging journey.

When I first knew that I had to set up a blog, I was worried, because I was never confident with my writing skills. I wasn’t sure if I had the sufficient knowledge, or whether my ideas would be mature enough. There were just a lot of doubts and uncertainties.

These 3 months weren’t easy. I realised the amount of commitment needed to sustain a blog and update it regularly. I was so conscious with what I was posting that I could spend up to 5 hours just crafting out a single post. Seeing that I could spend so long just writing a post, I remember being worried about whether I would be able to post regularly.

However, I was thankful for this blog, because I became more confident. I used to be so afraid of expressing my ideas and would have the notion that my ideas were always incorrect. As much as I was fearful with what I was writing, this blog provides a platform for me to step out of my comfort zone and just express myself. That was when I realised that it doesn’t matter whether my ideas are good enough. As long as I know that I am passionate in what I was doing and this is what I truly feel, I am sure that the readers would also be able to empathize with me.

There are times when I could have thought more critically but I wasn’t disheartened because this means that I know the shortcomings of my posts and there is room for improvement. After all, a blog is a place for learning. Interestingly, this is one of the assignments that I love and hate. While I hate that I could spend so much time writing a post, I do enjoy the overall process. I could write whatever I want and just let my mind wander.

I was glad I was given this opportunity. Without this blogging journey, I wouldn’t be as observant and I wouldn’t be able to gain so much valuable insights. I realised there is so much I could learn just being more attentive during the simple events that happen in my daily life. This would be the main takeaway which I would practise even after this blogging journey.

end

I am thankful for this blog. Yes, it was tough but fulfilling. 🙂

♣ Johanah

Published byJohanah Seow

NUS student majoring in Environmental Studies

No Comments

Post a Comment