Md. Munir Hossain Talukder

Md. Munir Hossain Talukder (M.A. Linköping University) ; Email:g0800292-at-nus.edu.sg; Degree: PhD

MunirAbout Himself: My research at NUS focuses on the comparative study of environmental philosophy. By comparing Western and Asian attitudes toward human-nature relationship, I want to spell out some common values that are seemed to appear as core values. Then, an ethical guideline on the basis of these common core values will be developed.

I obtained my Master’s degree in Applied Ethics from Linköping University, Sweden and Utrecht University, the Netherlands as an Erasmus Mundus scholar. I came from Bangladesh, where I gained my Bachelor (Honours) and Master degrees in Philosophy.

Beyond philosophical activities, I like to watch the exciting events around the globe.

Areas of interest: Environmental Ethics and Philosophy, Applied Ethics, Bioethics, Political Philosophy.

Some of my articles in international refereed journals are:

1. “Self, Nature, and Cultural Values”, Cultura. International Journal of Philosophy of Culture and Axiology 7:2 (2010), 81-99.

2. “The Concept of “Person” and Its Implication in Bioethics”, Eubios Journal of Asian and International Bioethics 20:5 (2010), 157-160.

3. “Intimacy, Admirability, and Virtue: An Examination of Michael Slote’s View”, Human Affairs 20:1 (2010), 43-51.

Book Review

Review of Going to School in South Asia, Cultura. International Journal of Philosophy of Culture and Axiology 7:2 (2010), 272-278.