Patrons of the Arts
- Coursepack: Young, The World’s Religions: Worldviews and Contemporary Issues, “Introduction”
- “Jihad” jitters at Met Museum of Art
- Walking Santa, Talking Christ: Why do Americans claim to be more religious than they are
- Malaysia Islamists object to Adam Lambert concert
- U.S. Religious Knowledge Survey
- Music fails to chime with Islamic values, says Iran’s supreme leader
Key Course Concepts:
- spiritual reality
- psychological needs
- social needs
- How does religion meet spiritual, psychological, and social needs?
- To what extent does ultimacy govern people’s political, economic, and artistic decisions?
- According to the author, to what extent do religious beliefs bring people together and break them apart?
- What are the three different relationships between science and religion?
- Why are symbols, myths, and rituals important?