Are you interested in developing your own Android app? Do you think it’s tedious to build new Android app by using mobile app maker? But, to your great surprise building an Android app isn’t as hard as you might think. Initially, you can focus on creating simple app rather than tedious application since it involves simple Java coding. You can build your own app with the help of Android studio and it’s really easy to use.
It just takes 8 simple steps to build your app with the help of android studio. If you are successful in creating your own app, then possibly you may even earn a promising career in mobile development.
Now, it’s time to see the 8 simple steps.
#1- Install Android Studio
Initially, go to http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html to download android studio and follow the instructions to install android studio in your device.
#2- Open a New Project
• After Installation, open android studio and select start a new android studio project.
• On the “Create new project” dialog box, give a name to your project and save it. You need to note the location where you are saving your project and you can also change your location if desired. Then, click next.
#3- Edit the Welcome Message in the Main Activity
• After then, shift to activity_main. xml tab and make sure whether the design tab is open on the activity window.
• Click and drag the message from the upper left corner of your phone display to the center of your phone screen.
• Then, click on strings.xml file in the values folder. After the entered message, you may also add “welcome to my app!”
#4- Add a Button to Main Activity
• Now, shift to the design option of the activity_main.xml tab. In the menu appeared select button and drag that button tab and drop it underneath your hello message.
#5- Creating a Second Activity
• In the “add on activity” option on your mobile, select empty activity and click next.
• After then customize the scree settings by keeping the default values in the customize activity screen. Click finish.
After some time of processing, android studio opens IDE. Now, review the files created.
#6- Building the Layout
• Before building, ensure whether the project window is open by selecting view> tool windows> project.
#7- Run Your App
• Launch the Android Virtual device manager by clicking Tools> Android> AVD Manager.
• Click create virtual device in your virtual devices screen. You can select your hardware from the select hardware screen.
• Finally, in your Virtual device screen, select the device and click launch AVD in the emulator.
• Once emulator is booted, Click the app module in the project window and then click Run.
#8- Publishing Your App
• Congrats! Now, you have completed your android application with basic functions. Your app will possess a page to greet the user and a button to navigate user to net page.
• Finally, you need to add components into your apps and you can publish it.
Overall, if you are keen to build your own android app, then you can refer to this course and if you follow the above steps, you will end up with your own android app design.