Theory Postdoc Position Available

[update on 29 March 2021: The position is now closed.]

[update on 28 March 2020: We can now hire only Singapore citizens and long-term pass holders. If you need a new work pass, you need to stay in Singapore while it is being processed. The position will remain open until filled.]

My group has a theory postdoc position that needs to be filled as soon as possible. It is not attached to any project so the postdoc will be free to work on any topic as long as it is of mutual interest. My current interest is in quantum estimation theory, quantum measurement theory, and quantum optics, but I am open-minded. For more information about our research activities, please see https://blog.nus.edu.sg/mankei/.

The base salary will be SGD5,000 per month. There will be standard medical benefits and some conference travel support. For Singapore citizens or permanent residents we also provide CPF contributions on top of the salary. The funding ends on 31 March 2023.

Unfortunately we are only able to hire Singaporean citizens and long-term pass holders in the near future because of government restrictions. If you need a new work pass, you need to stay in Singapore while the application is being processed.

If you are interested, please email your CV and a one-page research statement to mankei@nus.edu.sg. The position will remain available until filled or before 31 March 2021. I will contact you for further information and references if there is a need.

Please feel free to share this news with any potential candidate, and email me at mankei@nus.edu.sg if you have any question.