Status Report

Last weekend, I went on a date. (Yes, librarians do go on dates too, you know). Somehow or other, this date seemed to have generated quite a bit of interest. I suppose this is because my gentleman friend happens to be my colleague and one-time boss. And these interested parties had in their own ways contributed to the date. As such, they figure a status report was due.

When I got back to work, I was warned to expect questions, questions and more questions. Thankfully, the questions were not so pointed. As much as I want to “siam”, I know that there is no hole I can crawl into when it came to colleagues who make it their business to find out things (and neither of them are librarians, can you believe it?).

The date wasn’t really a date per se. He and I have been friends for years. We were celebrating his “big” birthday. It was not an obligatory celebration but a time to enjoy good food and good company. The French food was way over-priced but the setting in lush gardens in the middle of our city was worth it.

We have not had personal time together for a long while now due to various family commitments. So having the quietness and comfort of talking with and listening to him was like balm to a tiring week. Conversations stirred towards silly jokes, personal observations of life and our interest in the beauty of form. For once, I could quote an example of beauty in which we both seem to agree on. He said I must have been mesmerized. He would have been too (and drooling buckets) if he saw what I had the pleasure of seeing (and what a pleasure it was!). But then, knowing his standards, I am not too sure now.

The interested parties may like to know – we had a good time as we always do. End of status report.

1. The Naked Librarian

Librarians are date-able. 🙂 Most of us are single and I believe, good company. 🙂

2. Maggie Yin

Hey NL, just curious, how much did the dinner cost? And I know the place you guys went to 🙂 There’s only ONE French restaurant in Singapore in a garden setting. I’m just jealous lah…unfortunately I dun get asked nor do my friends dine in such “refined”, “elegant” and “exclusive” (read ultra expensive) establishment. You know my number so you can tell me “confidentially” over the phone…hehehe…

3. The Naked Librarian

The cost of the dinner will kill ya. My eyes bulged when I read the menu and I think so did his. The words you just used to describe the evening made me realise I may have described it a bit too “atas”. 🙂 But really, when my gentleman friend and I are together it isnt like that at all. I guess the only way for you to know is to have a date with him. 🙂

4. You’re very funny NL! How can I go out with your gentlemen friend? I don’t steal people’s “boyfriend” 🙂