We are pleased to invite you to attend and participate in the 3rd International Symposium on Multimodal Transportation (ISMT 2019) that will be held at the National University of Singapore from December 6 to 7, 2019. The symposium is the continuation of the two successful international workshops on multimodal transportation, which have been held in Dalian Maritime University, Dalian, China (2017), and Southeast University, Nanjing, China (2018). The goal of the symposium is to provide a unique opportunity for participants from universities and industries to share knowledge and exchange ideas on state-of-the-art topics in areas of multimodal transportation.
Theme: Automation, Sharing, and Electrification in Transportation
Automation, Sharing, and Electrification have been well recognized as three revolutions in transportation and logistics industries. The emergence of novel technologies in automation, sharing, and electrification generates a new set of research questions from various perspectives of stakeholders. ISMT 2019 will focus on the theme “Automation, Sharing, and Electrification in Transportation”. This symposium is devoted to promote the challenging research questions that arise from the emergence of automation, sharing, and electrification technologies.
Call for Papers
Participants are required to submit an abstract (for consideration for presentation) or a full paper (for consideration for TRE submission or Best Student Paper Award) and give a presentation during the conference. Selected quality papers will be recommended for publication in the special issue of Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review (TRE).
We propose a wide range of topics of interest in the field of multimodal transportation, which are not limited to Automation, Sharing, and Electrification. The topics of the symposium includes, but not limited to:
- Multimodal Transportation Planning, Operations and Management
- Autonomous and Connected Vehicles
- Sharing Economy in Transportation
- Electrification of Transportation and Infrastructure Design
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Transportation Network Modelling and Optimization
- Transportation Data Analytics and Applications
- Traffic Safety and Emergency Responses
- Road Traffic Operations, Management and Control
- Public Transit Systems
- Rail Operations and Management
- Air Transportation Strategy, Operations and Management
- Maritime Transportation and Port Operations
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Freight Transport Modelling
- Intermodal Freight Transport
- Urban Goods Movement
- Transportation, Land Use and Sustainability
- Transportation Economics and Finance
Abstracts/ Full papers:
- Deadline for abstract submission (presentation only): 15 August 2019
- Deadline for full paper submission (consideration for TRE submission or Paper Award): 1 September 2019
- Notification of presentation acceptance: 5 September 2019
- Deadline for registration: 5 November 2019
The symposium will be held at NUSS Kent Ridge Guild House within the campus of NUS.
Qiang Meng (Chair), Professor, National University of Singapore
Yang Liu (Co-Chair), Assistant Professor, National University of Singapore
Ghim Ping Ong (Co-Chair and Treasurer), Assistant Professor, National University of Singapore
David Z. W. Wang (Paper Review Committee Chair), Associate Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Please contact email@example.com for any queries and technical support for your submissions.