McKinsey & Company – External Relations Inter, Singapore
Open to Year 2 and 3 students in FASS, Business School or Yale-NUS.
NUS TalentConnect Job Reference: JR1500024754
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm dedicated to helping the world’s leading organizations address their strategic challenges. With consultants deployed in over 100 offices and more than 50 countries around the globe, McKinsey advises on strategic, operational, organizational and technological issues. For more than eight decades, the firm’s primary objective has been to serve as an organization’s most trusted external advisor on critical issues facing senior management.
The External Relations intern will assist the Head of Public Affairs and External Relations with media monitoring, issues tracking, managing events, relations with McKinsey alumni and developing material for different external communications channels.
- Media monitoring – tracking and recording media coverage of relevance to McKinsey & Company. Some analysis of media trends.
- Reputation building – supporting the efforts of External Relations on targeted reputation building programs including forums, roundtable meetings, targeted media outreach, relations.
- Event Management – assisting with preparations for events, including liaison with venues, speakers, managing invitation and RSVP lists. Provision of support at events.
Written Communications – developing a range of material for internal and external communications, including newsletters, articles for the intranet, media releases, reports.
- Stakeholder mapping – assist with mapping and maintaining data base of key policy-makers, senior executives, academics, and editors/journalists for each location and specific industry sectors, and drive outreach programs to the respective audiences.
- An undergraduate degree (Year 2 or 3 students welcome), with study in the area of communications; PR or business preferred, with good problem solving skills.
- Self–motivation, with an appetite for working independently, and being functionally effectively within a fast-paced professional services partnership.
- Exemplary networking and influencing skills, with a track record of working effectively and forming peer–level relationships with senior members of an organization.
- Strong editing and writing skills
- Strong event management skills and a track record of executing complicated programmes with speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Flexibility, and the ability to manage conflicting demands and a positive attitude
- An uncompromising commitment to quality.
- Candidate must be available for internship from Jan – Jun 2016 (either full time or minimum of 2 full working days per week)
Interested applicants, kindly upload your cover letter & resume (in a single PDF file) onto NUS TalentConnect (Job Reference: JR1500024754), so that we can follow up with the Recruiter. Please take note that the Cover Letter needs to be addressed to Sharmeen Alam.