The Singapore Book Publishers Association (SBPA) was formally established on 19 July 1968, with 22 member companies involved in the publishing, importation and distribution of textbooks. Over the years, the SBPA has grown from strength to strength, expanding its membership to 65 companies that publish on a wide range of topics in the four official languages of Singapore.
INAUGURAL BOOK PUBLISHING INTERNSHIP (updated as of 30 March 2015)
The SBPA is looking for undergraduate interns to participate in its inaugural book publishing internship programme, which will now run from 25 May to 31 July 2015. Selected students can look forward to interning at one of SBPA’s participating member companies during this period (at Appendix A). Interns will also attend training seminars conducted by experienced SBPA staff on relevant skills in book publishing, such as copyediting, proofreading, book marketing and book designing. Interns will also get to tour printing and distribution companies to better understand the final stages of book production.
A supervisor/mentor will be assigned to guide the intern throughout the programme. The remuneration for this programme will be $600.00 per month.
- Students must be majoring in arts, business, design, marketing, social sciences-related subjects
- Excellent written and spoken English. Proficiency in either Mandarin, Malay or Tamil will be an added advantage
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in groups when required
- Meticulous and resourceful, with the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
Proficiency in PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator is welcomed but candidates must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications
How to apply
Please complete the Internship Application Form and send the form, along with your CV to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 1800hrs, on Friday 17 April 2015.
For more information and application form, CLICK HERE.