Hello!

Hi guys! Welcome to my blog. My name is Rachel and I am a Year 1 Environmental Studies student at the National University of Singapore(NUS).

A photo of me and Nana(my cousins’ pet dog)

I graduated from junior college in 2019 and was really looking forward to my 8 month long vacation. However, the coronavirus came along and (like many of you) ruined most of my plans. Graduation trips were cancelled as the world went into lockdown and Singapore’s circuit breaker stopped me from seeing my friends.

I have to admit, during the circuit breaker I had most of my meals delivered (thank you GrabFood) or as takeaways. That’s when i realised I was using and wasting a whole lot of plastics and other disposable packaging. That got me thinking, how exactly has COVID-19 impacted our environment? This pandemic has indeed affected our lives rather drastically but most of us are not aware of how it has really affected our planet (aside from those ‘Nature is healing’ posts on social media).

As such, this blog aims to share the various impacts COVID-19 has had on our environment. This includes some more commonly discussed ones such as pollution and lesser known ones like the impact on conservation efforts. I also aim to discuss the extent of these impacts as in how serious and permanent they may be. I hope to share something new with everyone as I embark on this blog.

Do stay tuned!

Cheers,

Rachel