A First

Hi everyone, Isaac here. I’m currently studying in the National University of Singapore, as a 1st-year Bachelor of Environmental Studies Major. Now that I’ve introduced myself, let’s talk about this blog.

I’d never have thought that I’d have to write my own blog as part of a university module, but here we are. It’s fascinating to me that this is a gradable component, and I’m looking forward to it. To me, this blog is more than just a requirement to pass, but an impetus to look into environmental issues more critically then ever, and my first-ever foray into science communication.

In the subsequent weeks, I’ll be writing about pests and pesticides. Perhaps you could guess from my very witty blog title. Admittedly, my interest in world affairs have waxed and waned over the years, so I can’t say my current knowledge of pesticide use is… well, current. Or accurate. But hey! I didn’t come here claiming to know everything and I’m certainly very eager to fix my ignorance! That should count for something. And I’m sincerely hoping that the things I learn over the next few months could help you, too.

Round boi
Colorado Potato Beetle (photo by Pavlofox)

Also, I get to geek out over bugs. Look at this little thing. Dis round boi. It’s a devastator of potato crops and humanity wants it dead, but I still think it’s a fascinating and cute little creature. Of course, we aren’t just gonna look at insect pests, but prepare to see a lot more of them.

Soooooo yeah. Stay tuned for next week’s post, and stay safe, y’all.