Presentations and Panel discussions:
- Lee LY. Digitisation of teaching materials to complement online learning. Higher Education Campus Conference (HECC) (18 November, 2019) by NUS Centre for Development of Teaching & Learning (CDTL).
- Invited Panel speaker, The Future of Learning Forum 2019 (By Britcham SG): “Opportunities and Challenges for the future of higher education, as underpinned by technology, globalization, and the changing workplace” https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6507164268415291392
- Invited speaker (Moderator), Completing Online and Offline Learning Channels. 4th Annual Next Generation Learning Spaces conference 2018 (Round table discussion)
- Lee LY. Challenges and opportunities from research-informed teaching. Newcastle University (UK) Learning and Teaching Conference. Newcastle, UK, April 2018
- Tan SWB, Naraharisetti PK, Chin SK, Lee LY. Simple Visual-Aided Automated Titration Using the Python Programming Language. Journal of Chemical Education 2020, 97 (3), 850-854
- Yin C-Y, Lee LY. Teaching chemical engineering students industrial symbiosis using online resources: A Singapore case study. Education for Chemical Engineers 2019, 27, 28-34 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ece.2019.01.001)
- Wong E, Lee LY. Challanges and opportunities in multidisciplinary team working. Newcastle University (UK) Learning and Teaching Conference. Newcastle, UK, April 2019
- Yin CY, Lee LY. Teaching chemical engineering students industrial symbiosis using online resources: A Singapore case study. Newcastle University (UK) Learning and Teaching Conference. Newcastle, UK, April 2019
- Chew J, Lee LY, Lim EWC. Highlights of Particle Technology Teaching in Singapore. 8th World Congress on Particle Technology (WCPT2018). Orlando, USA, April 2018
- Delegate, (representing Newcastle University, SG) Applied Learning Conference (organized by Singapore Institute of Technology, SIT) 2018
- Delegate, (representing Newcastle University, SG) SAPE Annual Conference 2018 – The Future of Learning. 2018
- Delegate, Chemical Engineering Design Project Workshop (organized by IChemE Education Special Interest group, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia)
- Lee LY, Soh SH. Process Economics and Feasibility of Subcritical & Supercritical Fluid Processing. Reference Module in Food Science, Elsevier 2019. (https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-100596-5.22931-4)
- Soh SH, Agarwal S, Jain A, Lee LY, SC Chin, Jayaraman S. Mathematical modeling of mass transfer in supercritical fluid extraction of patchouli oil. Engineering reports (https://doi.org/10.1002/eng2.12051) 2019, e12051.
- Soh SH, Lee LY. Microencapsulation and Nanoencapsulation Using Supercritical Fluid (SCF) Techniques (Review). Pharmaceutics (open access: https://www.mdpi.com/1999-4923/11/1/21) 2019, 11(21), 1-17.
- Feng R, Ramchandani S, Salih NM, Lim X-YE, Tan SWB, Lee LY, Teoh SK, Sharratt PN, Boodhoo KVK. Process Intensification Strategies and Sustainability Analysis for Amidation Processing in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 2019, 58(11), 4656-4666 (https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.8b04063)
- Davoodi P, Lee LY, Xu Q, Sunil V, Sun Y, Soh S, Wang CH. Drug delivery systems for programmed and on-demand release. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2018, 132, 104-138 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addr.2018.07.002).
- Ong YXJ, Lee LY, Davoodi P, Wang CH. Production of drug-releasing biodegradable microporous scaffold using a two-step micro-encapsulation/supercritical foaming process. The Journal of Supercritical Fluids 2018, 133(Part 1), 263-269 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.supflu.2017.10.018)
2017 and earlier
- Emtiazi G, Zohrabi T, Lee LY, Habibi N, Zarrabi A. Covalent diphenylalanine peptide nanotube conjugated to folic acid/magnetic nanoparticles for anti-cancer drug delivery. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 2017, 41, 90-98.
- Zohrabi T, Habibi N, Zarrabi A, Fanaei M, Lee LY. Diphenylalanine peptide nanotubes self-assembled on functionalized metal surfaces for potential application in drug-eluting stent. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part A 2016, 104(9), 2280-2290.
- Nie H, Khew ST, Lee LY, Poh KL, Tong YW, Wang CH. Lysine-based peptide-functionalized PLGA foams for controlled DNA delivery. Journal of Controlled Release 2009, 138(1), 64-70.
- Ong BYS, Ranganath SH, Lee LY, Lu F, Lee HS, Sahinidis NV, Wang CH. Paclitaxel delivery from PLGA foams for controlled release in post-surgical chemotherapy against glioblastoma multiforme. Biomaterials 2009, 30(18), 3189-3196.
- Lee LY, Ranganath SH, Fu Y, Zheng JL, Lee HS, Wang CH, Smith KA. Paclitaxel Release from Micro-Porous PLGA Discs. Chemical Engineering Science 2009, 64(21), 4341-4349.
- Zhu XH, Lee LY, Hong JS, Tong YW, Wang CH. Characterization of porous poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) sponges fabricated by supercritical CO2 gas- foaming method as a scaffold for three-dimensional growth of Hep3B cells. Biotechnology and Bioengineering 2008, 100(5), 998-1009.
- Xie J, Ng WJ, Lee LY, Wang CH. Encapsulation of protein drugs in biodegradable microparticles by co-axial electrospray. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2008, 317(2), 469 – 476.
- Lee LY, Lim LK, Hua JS, Wang CH. Jet breakup and droplet formation in near-critical regime of carbon dioxide-dichloromethane system. Chemical Engineering Science 2008, 63(13), 3366-3378.
- Nie H, Lee LY, Tong H, Wang CH. PLGA/chitosan composites from a combination of spray drying and supercritical fluid foaming techniques: new carriers for DNA delivery. Journal of Controlled Release 2008, 129(3), 207-214.
- Lee LY, Wang CH, Smith KA. Supercritical antisolvent production of biodegradable micro- and nanoparticles for controlled delivery of paclitaxel. Journal of Controlled Release 2008, 125(2), 96-106.
- Arifin DY, Lee LY, Wang CH. Mathematical modeling and simulation of drug release from microspheres: implications to drug delivery systems. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2006, 58(12-13), 1274-1325.
- Lee LY, Quek TY, Deng RS, Ray MB, Wang CH. Pneumatic transport of granular materials through a 90° bend. Chemical Engineering Science 2004, 59(21), 4637-4651.
Conference Publications and Posters
- Soh SH, Agarwal S, Jayaraman S, Tham MT, Lee LY, Jain A. A study of essential oil extraction and antioxidant activity of patchouli (Pogostemon cablin) using supercritical carbon dioxide. 12th International Symposium on Supercritical Fluids (ISSF 2018). France, April 2018
- Lee LY et al. Process Design of supercritical fluid facility for toll manufacturing and research in Singapore (Poster). 10th International Conference on Supercritical Fluids (Supergreen 2017). Nagoya, Japan, Dec 2017
- Lee LY, Kwang NHS, Wang CH. Recovery and preservation of spent grain from food manufacturing industries using supercritical CO2 drying technique. 10th International Conference on Supercritical Fluids (Supergreen 2017). Nagoya, Japan, Dec 2017
- Lee LY, Tong WP, Vedula S, Wang CH (2016). Supercritical CO2 processing for food and ingredient micronization and microencapsulation applications (Poster). Insights to Emerging trends in Food Science and Technology Aug 2016, Singapore
- Lee LY et al. (2016) Case study on supercritical CO2 drying plant and CO2 regeneration options (Poster) BioEnergy and Biorefinery Conference ‐ Southeast Asia 2016, Singapore
- Lee LY, Lin YJ, Wang CH (2016). Study of the supercritical drying of wet okara. Presentation at 15th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies (SET2016). 2016, Singapore (https://eprint.ncl.ac.uk/file_store/production/229147/ACF872EB-158F-4F83-9FD5-A00070058ED3.pdf)
- Ong BYS, Lee LY, Xie J, Lee HS, Sahinidis NV, Smith KA, Wang CH. Controlled delivery of paclitaxel from micro-porous foams for the post surgical treatment of Glioblastoma Multiforme. American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting (AIChE 2006). 2006, San Francisco, USA.
- Lee LY, Smith KA, Wang CH. Fabrication of controlled release devices for anticancer agents using SAS method. American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting (AIChE 2005). 2005, Cincinnati, Ohio (USA).
- Lee LY, Smith KA, Wang CH. Nanoparticle fabrication of biodegradable polymers using SAS: Effects of mixing and thermodynamic properties. American Institute of Chemical Engineers Annual Meeting (AIChE 2005). 2005, Cincinnati, Ohio (USA)
Other Conference Participation
- Lee LY (2016). Food, Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical Processing using Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Technologies (Poster). IPI TechInnovation Day 2016, Singapore
- Lee LY (2015). Microencapsulation using supercritical fluid strategies (Poster). IPI TechInnovation Day 2015, Singapore
- Lee LY (2015). Supercritical fluid processing for food and pharmaceutical applications (Poster). ICES A*STAR iPSP day 2015, Singapore
- Exhibitor, (representing FeyeCon CO2 Technologies B.V) Anuga FoodTec, Cologne, Germany, 2009
- Exhibitor, (representing FeyeCon CO2 Technologies B.V) XVII International Conference on Bioencapsulation, Groningen, Netherlands, Sep 2009