Asian Scientist Writing Prize 2019

Asian Scientist Writing Prize (Awarded 4 Dec 2019)

Thrilled to be one of the winners of the Asian Scientist Writing Prize 2019 (Merit prize, $500 book vouchers)

This is really meaningful for me. Growing up in a predominantly Cantonese – speaking environment, English has not been my strongest subject. Over the years of teaching, many of my students also face the struggle and insecurity in writing reports, and I always tell them that technical writing and communication is something we can all learn and develop with practice and experience.

My essay was about supercritical carbon dioxide and sustainability [Click here to read the article], inspired by my passion for supercritical CO2 research and also my love for superhero movies. Many thanks to Asian Scientist Magazine and Singapore Science Center for organizing this wonderful event, as well as the attractive prizes given.

This award for science communication is a timely and heart-warming reminder for myself. I believe how I write is actually a reflection of my life experiences and interactions. Therefore all my mentors, students, friends and colleagues whom I interact with have all been part of this achievement.

Many thanks to Asian scientist magazine and Singapore science center for organising this meaningful event.