During the first tutorial of ES1000, I learnt to craft effective topic sentences and identifying the context and purposes of certain texts. Although the class was at the end of the day and I expected myself to be tired or distracted, I was able to keep up with the class as the professor made it engaging and interactive. I felt a sense of relief and it allowed me to look forward to future tutorials. I also expected that I would learn things that I have learnt before in the past and that I could pay lesser attention to this module. However, the content taught helped me to recap on my basic writing skills and knowledge. I’m pleasantly surprised as I wanted to seize this chance improve my writing skills. Having discussions in small groups allowed me to learn from others and learn to share my thoughts as well. I learnt that my current knowledge needs some revision and practice after listening to the explanations by the professor and my peers, however, I am hopeful that this module will help me to do that.
Welcome to your new Blog.nus site. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
Please remember to the Terms of Service:
1. Please use the blog for academic, educational, research and administrative purposes only.
2. Please adhere to Singapore laws and the NUS Acceptable Use Policy for IT Resources: https://nusit.nus.edu.sg/services/it_security/acceptable-use-policy-aup/
3. The Centre for Instructional Technology and National University of Singapore are not liable for any legal or financial issues which may arise as a result of your use of Blog.nus.
Also, a few disclaimers:
1. Content on Blog.nus and all blogs hosted on Blog.nus contain opinions which may not represent the official views of the National University of Singapore.
2. The Centre for Instructional Technology and the National University of Singapore are not responsible for the content of external internet sites. Such websites are subject to their own data protection and privacy practices and you are encouraged to examine the privacy policies of those websites.
We hope you enjoy your new blog.