The Internet plays a huge role in our daily lives, changing the manner in which we share data and work. The dependency of Singaporeans on the Internet and on VPNs in Singapore have increased now. We live in a time where sharing information and data has become truly essential. The Internet allows us to connect with our family, friends, co-workers, allows us to share knowledge and conduct business. We have come a long way from dial-up connections, today we need a fast stable broadband connection to access information.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing a Broadband Plan in Singapore:
- Term Period – Internet contracts usually bind you for 12 – 24 months, some providers may not run on a contract basis
- Monthly Plan – The price you will be paying monthly
- Speed and Reliability – If your upload, download speeds are high you will have a smoother hassle free connection
- Quote – This is entirely up to your needs, how much do you use the Internet, determine what do you use it for, whether it is just surfing the web or you will be watching a lot of high quality videos. Determine how many will be using the Internet at home.
- Will there be any hidden fees or cancellation penalties? Often times Internet providers will charge an initiation “one-time” fee, or masked as “installation” fees. Providers will often charge you an extra fee if you cancel before your contract term is completed. Companies usually charge for the remaining number of months in your contract.
- The Internet has become a very vulnerable place, make sure your connection is secure. Censorship can be prominent with some providers in Singapore, try using a VPN to remain anonymous.
Internet Providers in Singapore:
M1 Broadband Plans: Singapore’s most loved communications company, M1 provides nationwide 4G, 3G/High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) and 2G (GSM) networks. M1 has the capability of download speeds up to 300Mbps and upload speeds of up to 150Mbps. Its Fibre Broadband service ranging from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps while for corporate customers, M1 offers connectivity services of up to 10Gbps.
MyRepublic Fibre Internet: A 100% Singapore-grown start-up and the world’s first telecom company purpose-built for optical fibre NBNs (Nationwide Broadband Network). MyRepublic is able to provide 1Gbps Fibre Home Broadband plan under S$50. Thus, making it the best in the world for Singapore’s Internet connectivity.
Singtel Broadband Plans: It is voted as Singapore’s best Telco and Fibre Broadband Service Provider, SingTel is the new, premium Fibre Broadband that offers 500Mbps Fibre Home Bundle that can give complete benefits to the customers. SingTel also offers download speeds up to 10Gbps for their Fibre Entertainment Bundle+.
StarHub Broadband Internet: StarHub has become one of Singapore’s greatest innovative info-communications providers and the pioneer in ‘hubbing’. Besides providing multi-channel pay-TV, StarHub is offering up to 1Gbps Fibre Broadband and Dual Broadband.
ViewQwest Home Fibre Broadband: With its Fibre Broadband’s achievements of being first in world outside of Japan and being the fastest residential Internet connectivity in Singapore, ViewQwest offers the blazing fast 2Gbps and 1 Gbps Fibre Broadband and Bundled Plans to their consumers.