GROUP 9 – POP!
Description of Product/ Service/ Innovation:
PoP! aims at addressing the social stigma of freelancing jobs, by providing a platform to make such work financially and socially lucrative. The platform allows users to offer skilled services and share their passions with the community, by helping them
- Understand their market and price their services appropriately, by providing cross-market comparison with peers offering similar services,
- Find clients that they are comfortable working with, by means of detailed credit reviews
- Find time to fit freelance work into their busy schedules, with API integration,
- Offer lessons to teach their skills to interested peers, and
- Build a community of like-minded freelancers, where passions may be exchanged and shared.
Clients in need of these services can easily use PoP! to find freelancers that match their preferences. A fair remuneration can be negotiated, and users also have the option of receiving PoP! Currency which they can use to purchase other services from the application.
By making the process of freelancing more convenient, PoP! makes freelancing more accessible to a wider community – many of whom may genuinely want to share their passions, but are daunted by the many seemingly surmountable challenges of freelancing.
Part timers, freelancers
People looking for part time jobs
People in need of services (tuition, photography, etc)
What Stakeholder Need Does It Address?
For users: more stable income
For clients: credible and affordable service
How Does It Build on existing Technology/Processes?
- Mobile application
- Search function and GPS according to location of both users
- Chat function between both parties
- More specialized and catered towards services compared to Carousell which sells everything
Your Group’s Pledge
(What Follow up/Future Action Will You Take?)
- AI research to help automate matching process between clients and users
- Continuous UX/UI research according to feedbacks from stakeholders
- Entering the global market; launch in other countries.
Arum Sekarini, Airlangga University
Bhavishya Mehta, Hindu College
Do Duy Quang Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
Jagad Samudro, Universitas Gadjah Mada
Jagruthi Koganti, Hindu College
Karn Chirathammakun, Mahidol University
Mancini Tan, National University of Singapore
Nayan Gupta, Hindu College
Nisanat Watthayu, Mahidol University
Shirlyn Chua, National University of Singapore
Widyastuti Septiyaningrum, Airlangga University
Xin Ying, Fudan University
Yang Fan, Fudan University
Devesh Narayanan, National University of Singapore
Maxwell Mario, National University of Singapore