GROUP 11 – GET YOUR 2ND LIFE!
Description of Product/ Service/ Innovation:
A Retirement Village Concept:
Grounded in the spirit of humanism, user-centered design, self-governed with the communist way of production, equality without peer pressure, providing great value / creating new meaning for persons who are aging.
We seek to disrupt conventional ways of eldercare (nursing homes) by creating a greater sense of community and family through the concept of building a retirement village by elderly for elderly, with elderly.
What Stakeholder Need Does It Address?
- Active and Healthy Lifestyle
- Community and Social interaction
- Help prevent depression and dementia
- New purpose in life
- Help relieve the burden of care for Elderly
- Help achieve social objectives
- Reduce spending on Elderly care
- Foster inter-generation bonding between grandparents and children.
How Does It Build on existing Technology/Processes?
- VR technology (centre for travel/ interaction / communication)
- Automated technology
To improve convenience and reduce physical exertion
- Internet-access (IoT)
Your Group’s Pledge
(What Follow up/Future Action Will You Take?)
- Develop our plan in greater detail
- Keep updated with trends in the eldercare sector
- Be more empathetic towards our elders
- Promote interactions between the young and the old
- Contextualize our solution across Asia, specifically China, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, Vietnam and Korea.
Tran Lo Dung , National University of Singapore
Wang Yuan , National University of Singapore
Darren How , Nanyang Technological University
Zhou Wenbo , Fudan University
Saumya Mittal , Hindu College
Avinash , Hindu College
Sornanong (Bow) , Mahidol University
Sindy Gunawan , Airlangga University
Ni’man Nashier , Airlangga University
Son Yejin, Incheon National University
Kim Khanh Ngo , Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
Chau Chiu Yeung , Chinese University of Hong Kong
Khoo Yi Feng, National University of Singapore