A combined survey was done by PGP housing service, SAVE and OES on 14th January 2010 to inspect the various recycling bins that have been placed in Prince George’s Park Residences.
Some of the important observations have been summarised below:
1. At a number of bin points, the trash bins were not present alongwith the recycling bins. This increases the probability of contamination in recycling bins as the users do not have the trash bin to thrown the non-recyclable items.
The R6 bin point had all three types of recycling bins however the trash bin was not present.
The recycling bins were placed at different places in the air-con canteen and the trash bins were not placed with them.
2. Some bins were not properly labelled.
After the visit, two slits were opened on the upper cover to facilitate the easy drop of paper into the bin.
1. Make sure that the trash bins are provided with the recycling bins.
2. Slits can be made in all the existing and future larger blue bins.
3. All the lounges in PGP should have the yellow can recycling bins as per the suggestions of PGP officials and RA.
By March 6th 2010
recycling bins and trash bins are already placed together . Slits have also been made in the blue paper recycling bins.
– The only tasks outstanding are the new bins from OES as well as all labelling work by SAVE