The inaugural issue of Subjectivities: A Journal of Perspectives on Southeast Asia has launched!
This biannual publication by students and alumni of the Department of Southeast Asian Studies aims to provide an independent platform for students to showcase academic and creative works relating to various issues in Southeast Asia.
The first issue ‘Undersides‘ features articles by our alumni, Cindy Lin and Liani Manta-Khaira, current student Felicia Chia who did an interview with Prof Miksic, other NUS students, as well as Thow Xin Wei from our Singa Nglaras Gamelan ensemble.
The Editorial Team is also looking for Editors and Designer/Web Manager to join them. If you have what it takes, email them at email@example.com today!
– Interested in a wide range of topics relating to Southeast Asia.
– Good time management and able to effectively facilitate communication between contributors, copywriters and other stakeholders effectively.
– Good command of written English.
– Knowledge of a Southeast Asian language is helpful.
– Proficient in MS Word. Familiarity with InDesign is a plus.
*In addition, please send a short writing sample (may be a recent paper written for a module)
– Good time management and able to manage different platforms (website, social media)
– Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and website editing.
* Interested students can also send a portfolio of their recent works (website design, publicity materials, graphic design, artworks)