Taxi – This is probably the easiest way to get to the symposium venue. Please direct the taxi driver to NUS. Instead of turning into the campus from Clementi Road, please ask the taxi driver to let you alight at the bus stop along Clementi Road (as seen in the image below). The symposium venue, SDE3, is just next to the bus stop.
MRT – The symposium venue is nearest to the Kent Ridge MRT station. From there, take a free NUS shuttle bus service A1 to Central Library bus stop (see below).
From the Central Library bus stop, cross the road and just follow the red tiled pavement to the symposium venue, SDE 3 (see below).
See here for more details on the NUS shuttle bus service.
Below is a map that indicates the two main ways of getting to the symposium venue described above.
Hotels and Accommodations
Below is a tentative list of hotels that we have compiled for the presenters of the symposium. We will update the list with a more detailed list of hotels, including those that have corporate discounts arrangement with NUS, in the next week or so.
(The rates listed below are based on current listings in the hotels’ websites and they are likely to be subjected to change.)
Near NUS (about 10 min walk to NUS SDE), there are 3 budget hotels:
- Frangance Hotel, Waterfront – promotional room rates around S$110 per night.
- Pasir Panjang Inn – promotional room rates at around S$125 per night.
- Santa Grand Hotel – promotional room rates at around S$150 per night.
Near Buona Vista MRT (a subway station 2 stops from NUS, about 10 min taxi ride to NUS SDE), there is a hotel/service apartment
- Park Avenue Rochester – room rates (NUS corporate rates) at S$190++ per night. See this. Please email us if you wish to book a room at this hotel.
1. Kam Leng Hotel is a boutique/budget hotel in the city fringe – promotional room rates at around S$100 per night