- Rowan, Simon, Craig and Amit all attended ICOMC 2018 in Florence on 15th to 20th July. Rowan gave a talk and the rest presented their work during the poster sessions.
- Craig gave a talk and Amit and Simon presented posters at the 4th installment of the Singapore Inorganic Chemistry Symposium at NTU on 27th July. Craig and Simon both won prizes for their contributions. Well done guys!
- Congrats to Simon and former FYP Angelina for having their paper accepted in European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry
- Welcome to Richa Gupta who joins the group for her PhD studies. She will be working on Main Group Catalysis for the functionalisation of C-F bonds.
- Also welcome to Dr Hendrik Tinnermann who joins as Post Doc from Manuel Alcarazo’s group. He will be working on pincer complexes and other organometallic chemistry.
- Congrats to Craig for having his paper accepted in The Journal of Organic Chemistry!
- Welcome to Dipendu Mandal who starts research investigating main group catalysis.
- Our group’s work on acidic metal hydride chemistry has been highlighted on the NUS Faculty of Science website!
- Congrats to Simon for having his paper accepted in Dalton Transactions!
- Welcome to Lorraine who joins the group to work on a project involving organoiron chemistry.
- Goodbye to Tan Hui Yee who leaves to continue her undergraduate studies at Imperial College London, UK.
- Welcome to Li Heng who joins the group to start his final year project on the design of new pincer ligands.
- Craig will be presenting a poster at the Chemistry Graduate Society annual poster symposium on 11th August.
- Craig will be attending the SciFinder Future Leaders Programme in Columbus, OH and Washington, DC. Good luck and have fun (on your all expenses paid trip for two weeks)!
- Congratulations to Simon and Tim on having their paper accepted in Organometallics! Special thanks to Tobias Krämer from Heriot-Watt University, UK for his help with the DFT calculations.
- Best of luck to Kabilan who leaves to start his PhD studies in ANU, Australia.
- The group participated in the 3rd Singapore Inorganic Chemistry Symposium (SICS 2017), where Craig and Amit each presented research posters and Simon gave an oral presentation.
- Congrats to Amit and Simon who won prizes for Best Poster and Oral presentation respectively!
- Welcome to Wan Bing Khiang (FYP) and Tan Hui Yee (exchange student) who join the group to start projects based on main group catalysis.
- Good luck to Vanessa Wee for the rest of her studies, who leaves after finishing her UROPS project with us.
- Welcome to Vanessa Wee (UROPS), Shaun Tan (UROPS) and Pragati Kishore (Postdoc).
- All the best to Tim, Ain and Charmaine who leave the group after completing their FYP projects. Congrats on your exam results and enjoy graduation!
- Welcome to Tom Peters and Kabilan Sripathy who join as an intern student from the University of Nottingham and an exchange student from the University of Sydney.
- Welcome to Nurul Ain Binte Rejap who joins as a FYP student.
- Kelvin has left the group to take up a research fellowship at NTU, Singapore. All the best!
- Prof. Young and Craig attended ICOMC 2016 in Melbourne, Australia. Prof. Young gave a talk and Craig presented a poster.
- Simon, Amit, Qingyang, Kelvin and Timothy attended SICS 2016 at NTU, Singapore. Kelvin gave a talk and Simon presented a poster.