Episode 3 – Shit gets real.

The talk on growth hacks was more of like a flashback for me. Before CS3216, I had the opportunities to be involved in multiple start-ups, and to develop applications in other modules. When Bjorn mentioned some of the “unorthodox” methods he used to garner views to his product, it reminded me of some of the methods I used to achieve the same purpose.

Back in the days, I remember having to resort to creating fake activity so as to attract real users to communicate/refute me on my product. I also remember having to use multiple Google Ads accounts to exploit the free $100 credits given, so as to place advertisements for my website. Desperate measures for desperate times, heh.

Now, let’s talk about assignments, after the mid-term critique for assignment 1, I guess my team realized how bad things were going, the first critique did not mention many improvements, which I guess was due to the fact that there were nothing much to critique on. I guess this might be due to a lack of time allocated to the front-end for integration. Also, we did not employ the use of any tools to aid us in managing progress and issues efficiently, which might be the reason why the time allocation was badly handled.

Apart from those issues, there seems to be some kind of misunderstanding amongst the team. However, upon realization of the issue, I chose to step up and attempt to clear the air with the team, we had a discussion over Telegram and managed to settle things amicably and professionally. One lesson I learned from this incident is to always ask for permission before delving into a teammate’s/someone’s code, or you might risk insulting the person.

All in all, it has been a great learning experience and I hope that my team will be able to complete our features and all enhancement before Friday. 🙂

Thanks for reading! Hope you didn’t fall asleep.