October 3, 2012
Hi fellow cat-lovers!
Some updates of what we’ve been up to:
1. NUS PEACE Animal Welfare Symposium 2012
NUS PEACE/Cat Cafe held our very own symposium at LT 24 on the 25th of August and there was a fair share of cat issues in the discussions.
– NTU Cat Management Network, Jon Jon, was invited to speak at the symposium about their cat management efforts in NTU. Our own NUS Cat Cafe Advisor, Keven Ang also participated in the panel discussion along side with Jon Jon!
– Elaine from Love Kuching Project shared about her cat rescue work…and even brought a friend along!
Meow there to Brave Heart!
NUS PEACE/Cat Cafe are thankful to these speakers who took time off their busy schedules to speak at the symposium and we look forward to more collaborations in the future. For those who missed the symposium this time round, keep your eyes out for our next one!
2. NUS PEACE and Cat Cafe Welcome Tea 2012
We had two welcome tea sessions on the 15th and 22nd of August. It was heartening that so many of our fellow students were interested in animal welfare, and we had a great time speaking to all those who came down (and a great time wolfing down Desiree’s home-made jelly!).
For those who missed both sessions, we will be uploading the briefing slides on the blog. Also, if you have any enquiries or would like to help out in any way, feel free to email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Meeting with Office of Estate and Development (OED)
On a more formal note (>o<) , the Cat Cafe team, together with our advisors Mr Siva and Keven, met up with 2 OED officers on the 31st of August.
It was a fruitful meeting and we are glad to have the support from OED in directing all cat-related complaints to us instead of calling in pest control.
From the meeting, we found out that OED is especially concerned about ghost/irresponsible feeding habits in campus, so this will be one area that we need to look into. Through OED, we also hope to reach out to other departments such as the Office of Housing Services (OHS) in order to expand our cat management and campus domination efforts. *mew*
That’s all for now! Wish everyone all the best for mid-terms! 🙂