Exhibition Miniature: What is Art But a Mould?

Hi, my name is Ravindi and I’m a first year Engineering student. As a member of NUS Artvibe, I have an avenue to express my artistic creativity. When I heard that there was an opportunity to exhibit at ArtsBuzz at the Central Library, I decided to contribute. I thought it was a great opportunity to share ideas. Art to me is very important. There is no work of art, be it a drawing, a painting, or even a sculpture which is not good enough. It is your own way of saying something. It is your own creation.

The first painting, entitled “Out of the Blue” is based on human reaction; more specifically, it shows how conflicting emotions can arise on beholding a familiar face.  The second painting, “Dance for the Night” is focused on dance and energy.

2 paintings

The medium I used was acrylic paint since it can be used in a variety of ways to produce a wide range of effects. It was fun painting after such a long time and I look forward to doing more in the future. The exhibition will be on until the end of the month. Hope you’ll enjoy it, and please feel free to leave your comments!

Ravindi Karunaratne
Engineering student
Member of NUS ArtVibe

1. WISH YOU WERE HERE……:)

2. Yamuna

This lady in the picture gives many expressions, if you looking at her for a while she leads you to wondering. I like colorful background too. Wish you all the best!

3. Hasanthi

Well done! Keep up the good work.