So it has been a few week since my last blog. Because it’s final project so we get more time to work, as well as more things to code. A coding phase may last 2-3 weeks, so now I am going to summary what I have learned and the problems encountered for the last some weeks.
For what I have learned, of course it is Android development. But this only makes me hate Java more. As I feel that I can do the same thing in iOS with much less code. However it is well-structured. Everything is in flow, i.e. Fragment, Activity, Adapter, etc. This is something like 2-sides blade, it makes the code well-structed but makes it very long also. More than that, I also learned how to work in a big project with more than 1 team :)), from working flow to how to manage the work (project management, .i.e Trello).
However, as the work depends too much on PearComms, it takes time for me to verify somethings. And I am not working directly with server-side team, so every time I got troubles, it takes time for a verification. And some times I got bugs in server side, so it took even more time waiting.
I know this is unavoidable. So I just try to minimize the dependency on server-side team. By creating dummy data, staging APIs, etc while waiting for them to fix bugs / clarify me.
The project are still on progress. I will try my best for the rest of the time.