Digital Storytelling in the Foreign Language Classroom

by Hayo Reinders
Middlesex University, United Kingdom

Digital storytelling is a compelling activity for the language classroom. Easy to use for both writing and speaking practice, digital storytelling can be a good way to motivate students to use the language both inside and outside the classroom. Many teachers report high motivation levels, and not only for their students! In this practical article I will briefly outline what digital storytelling is and give some tips on how to get started.

View full paper (PDF)

16 thoughts on “Digital Storytelling in the Foreign Language Classroom

1. Hello Dr. Reinders,
    I went through this blog, and your article, and I am so impressed. The concept which you describe in your paper is very interesting. In fact, this is a high-tech way to learn a foreign language and a great gift for a new learner.

Thank you again, and I’ll regularly follow this blog.

2. Dr Reinders,

I think this is a great method of learning for students. Aside from all the benefits you mentioned, there is also the added benefit of preparing students for a future in a world dominated by technology. This will help them get a head start, and will benefit them tremendously.

3. Hi Dr Reinders,
    This is really very interesting as well as useful. I like it very much. This is a very new way of learning a language.
    Thanks and regards,
    Heera Rajwani

4. Hi Dr Reinders,
    Digital storytelling is great for students to learn about technology and team working, but traditional storytelling is also important to improve students’ ability to express themselves.

5. I am not sure where you’re getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this information for my mission.

6. Hi there to every body, it’s my first go to see of this webpage; this weblog contains remarkable and in fact excellent information in support of readers.

7. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon every day.
    It’s always interesting to read content from other authors and practice something from their web sites.