The Department of English Language and Literature at the National University of Singapore invites applications for the post of Assistant Professor (tenure track) in the area of psycholinguistics, expected to commence in Semester 1, 2018/2019. Applicants should have research interests within psychology of language, cognitive science, language acquisition, applied linguistics, or other related fields.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in linguistics or in a related field with a strong background in general linguistics. Successful applicants will have an early record of international publications, a commitment to teaching linguistics at all undergraduate and graduate levels, and the ability to advise students in the department’s English Language and Linguistics Ph.D. and M.A. programs.
As a highly-ranked research university, NUS offers competitive compensation packages and considerable support for faculty members, including research grants, travel funding, laboratory space, and a well-funded library. Salary will be commensurate with experience and level of appointment.
Further information about working at the National University of Singapore is available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm. The Department website can be found at http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/ell/. Enquiries may be sent to Associate Professor Joseph Park, Chair of Search Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include:
- A brief cover letter
- A complete curriculum vitae listing full details of publications (including theses and dissertations), teaching experience, administrative experience, and awards and other achievements
- Samples of publications or writing (maximum three items)
- A statement of research interests
- Evidence of teaching excellence, including a statement of teaching philosophy, copies of student evaluations of courses taught, if available, and outlines of courses taught, if available
- Names, affiliations, email addresses, and mailing addresses of 3 referees
The portfolio may be sent via email to email@example.com. Alternatively, materials may be sent by fax to +65 6773 2981 or by post to:
Psycholinguistics Search Committee
Department of English Language and Literature
National University of Singapore
Block AS5, 7 Arts Link
The closing date for applications is 3 January, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.