In this lecture, we will discuss how interest management is used in a point-to-point architecture to reduce the number of message exchanges. In particular, we will look at two different methods, one that uses cell-to-cell visibility and the other that uses distance-based visibility.
- [Stee05] is the main reference for Frontier Sets.
- [Hu06] is the main reference for VON.
- A. Steed and C. Angus, “Supporting Scalable Peer to Peer Virtual Environments using Frontier Sets,” IEEE Virtual Reality 2005 (VR2005), Bonn, Germany, March 2005. [Google Scholar]
- Shun-Yun Hu, Jui-Fa Chen and Tsu-Han Chen, “VON: A Scalable Peer-to-Peer Network for Virtual Environments,” IEEE Network, vol. 20, no. 4, Jul./Aug. 2006, pp. 22-31 Available on Google Scholar
- A demo of Voronoi Diagram can be found in University of Bonn’s VoroGlide site.
Preview the slides here.