My first week in CNM!

Dear friends and colleagues of CNM,

I am delighted to write this first blog post in a week that is momentous for the history of this very young Department.

In the QS World University Rankings (the first ever for Communication and Media Studies programs), the Department of Communications and New Media was ranked third worldwide!

These stellar rankings for a Department so young speak to the global relevance of cross-cutting, cross-disciplinary Communication theory, research, and practice that foregrounds the vitality of creativity and innovation in communication.

Of particular relevance in the rankings are the high score given to CNM by employers. This score speaks volumes about the quality of pedagogy at CNM and its intersections with the needs in the industry. It also is a celebration of the high quality of professors, instructors, lecturers, graduate students, staff, undergraduate students, alums and industry advisory board members who serve the Department with commitment, passion and foresight.

In the months to come, as I spend my time getting to know you and listening to your dreams for CNM, I look forward to our continued conversationsĀ and to participating in a creative journey of co-creation to further strengthen our position in Asia and globally.

Best,

Mohan J. Dutta

To read more about our rankings, go to:

http://blog.nus.edu.sg/cnmblog/2012/07/04/cnm-is-number-3-in-qs-world-university-ranking-by-subjects-2012/