By Chow and Lin
Exhibition opening: Tuesday 25 April 2017, 7pm – 9.30pm
Open to public: Wednesday 26 April to 14 May 2017
Panel discussion: Thursday 27 April 2017, 7.30pm
Register for the discussion here: http://
Admission to the exhibition and panel discussion is free.
Equivalence is a systematic empirical investigation of observable phenomena via statistical, mathematical or computational techniques to address global issues of our time.
The Equivalence – Cans series delves into the state of the economy, social inequality and consumption patterns. It confronts us on how we view everyday life, often with our own set of tinted glasses, perhaps obscured by our world view determined by where we stand on the society strata.
About the Panel Discussion:
This panel discussion will focus on on socio-economic trends in Singapore, how they impact different sections of society, and how art can be used to spread awareness about these issues. The speakers include:
– Associate Professor Oh Soon-Hwa, School of Art, Design and Media, Nanyang Technological University
– Professor Mohan Dutta, Head of the Department of Communications and New Media, National University of Singapore
– Associate Professor Irene Y.H. Ng, Department of Social Work and Director of Social Service Research Centre, National University of Singapore
– Lin Huiyi, artist and Director of Grail Research
– Stefen Chow, artist and independent photographer